Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butterfly Happy Birthday

I knew the moment I saw the sneak peek for Butterfly Dreams that I had to have it.  I love butterflies, and the designs that Niki Estes created are fabulous!

I tried the emboss resist technique with not much success, but I still like how the card turned out.  Is there a better color than Spring Moss?  Maybe Spring Rain, or Summer Sunrise, or Ripe Avocado, or OH - Enchanted Evening?  You get the picture!

I need a photography lesson too!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: (all Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Paper: Vintage Cream and random kraft
Ink:  Tea Dye Duo, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Tin Type, Butterfly Dreams
Ribbon: Spring Moss Twill Tape
Other: Aquacolor pencils, dove blender pen, embossing powder, corner rounder, PTI's Fillable Frames #1 Diecut

8 comments:

Lori said...

this is lovely and the emboss resist turned out great. very serene and elegent looking. great job!

Ted said...

Soft and elegant...this turned out great! :)

Pat said...

Love the shadowbox effect you created with the Fillable Frames die. Great color combo - I'll have to try that one myself. Such a pretty card.

Amy Kolling said...

I love how the butterfly is "framed" by the fillable frame die on top! Great idea!

Sharron said...

This is really lovely! Great soft colors and love your butterfly!

Sherry said...

Great card! Love the frame!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is really GORGEOUS!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is really GORGEOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...