Thursday, February 25, 2010

PTI February Blog Hop!

 
It's time for Papertrey Ink's February Blog Hop.  This month Nichole writes: "Since we just finished up our 3rd Anniversary Festivities, we thought we would do something extra special for this month's Blog Hop!  Design Team Appreciation Day!  Your challenge is to go through the Design Team gallery or any of the Design Team Members' blogs and find a project that is especially inspirational to you!  Then recreate the project with your own spin, making it unique! "

I have two cards for this challenge.  The first is from Lisa Johnson who used her scraps to make the card you see on the left.  You can see her post here.  I've made half a dozen of these cards.  For one, I used the exact colors that Lisa used and then I changed it up a bit.  You can see one of the color changes on the right.  I also combined Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss and Spring Rain on a set of cards I made for a friend's birthday.  I love Lisa's Flower Garden set.  Love.  It's one of the first PTI sets I bought.
 

 My second card also uses Flower Garden.  I loved Nichole's use of Butterfly Dreams and how she overlapped the butterflies and colored them in with her markers.  Here's her post for it and knew I wanted to try something like it.  My result is on the right.  I used Aquacolor pencils and a blender pen.

Thanks for looking!

39 comments:

Lea L. said...

Both cards are very pretty!! I love that flower stamp! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Laura :) said...

Lovely cards! I really like how you overlapped them flowers like the butterflies in the second card.

Marcie Sharp said...

Very lovely! Both cards have such great use of colour!

Tonya said...

Those are two beautiful cards. Love how bright and cheery that second one is!

Tonya said...

Those are two beautiful cards. Love how bright and cheery that second one is!

Anika said...

Love these! I think I need this set so I can make backgrounds like the one in your first card!

Tricia said...

Oh, I just love your earthy colors on the first card you made!! Great job!

Elizabeth S. said...

Both cards are wonderful!! Love the flowers on the second card.

Dana said...

Both are oh so pretty, but the first one really caught my eye! I'm inspired to case your case!

Lori said...

Beautiful cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both so pretty, great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty, cheerful cards. Great job on the challenge.

Kelly S. said...

You did such a great job with these...love your side by side presentation, hee!

Marge said...

Great cards & great presentation!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love the color scheme on the "Thinking of you" card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

Cathy Weber said...

Lee Anne I love these cards! I have never seen this set before. The color combo is perfect and you did a really good job with the aqua pens.

Kay D said...

That flower is one of my favorites. Your cards are beautiful, and now you've made me want to CASE both of them! :)

Rhonda said...

Very cute. I like your blog bkgrd.

Unknown said...

Both are beautiful! Great job! :)

tfiskers said...

FINALLY found it....duh, my fault! Love your post and your cards! Kisses, t

Daniela F. said...

Beautiful cards, both of them!! Great job with the challenge!

Shay said...

Such cool cards! I love your adaptions to each and your color choices are excellent. I can't wait to discover more cool things on your blog later.

Lisa Johnson said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!

jen said...

Both are very pretty! And congrats on being a winner on the hop!

Sharron said...

These are fabulous! Great job with the challenge!

peggysue said...

Both turned out great, the top set is fabulous.

Laural-Lee said...

I like your colour choices for the first card and great job colouring on the second one.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Your cards turned out great! I like your color combos. Congrats on winning a free stamp set on the blog hop! Enjoy!

Sue Ann said...

Your cards turned out beautiful!!

Amy Kolling said...

Your take on Lisa's card is gorgeous!!

Linda said...

Pretty cards! Love your colors.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. Very pretty!

Cammie said...

Your cards are beautiful and a wonderful tribute to Lisa and Nichole.

Pat said...

I enjoy creating backgrounds with stamps and love what you've done with the first card. Great colors, too!

Kay said...

Beautiful cards! They are so colorful and cheerful! Your stamping is marvelous! ♥♥ Kay

Karen H. said...

The overstamping with different colors on the overlap area is so cool and I love how you made it rainbow!

Lisa Voerg said...

Congratulations on winning a free set. YOur cards are beautiful. Great job with two tricky techniques.

Kim said...

Both are very pretty. I love the look of overlapped flowers. I need to try this!

Maureen said...

wow! love your take on these!! and how you did the techniques...I haven't been brave enough!! Gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...