Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm here...

Well, not really.  I'm out of bed on a daily basis, and I have taken my little one to school every day this week.  I am back in the classroom as of today, and here I am - updating my blog.  That's what happens at my school...my teacher friends all graded my work, entered the grades, made my lesson plans, created the activities, gathered supplies and made my copies.  All I had to do was show up today.  So, here I am. I even have a little make-up on.  Wouldn't want to scare the children, now would I?

People tell you to take it one day at a time.  That's too long for me.  I'm minute by minute here, with a wonderful support group of friends and family.  Our little one seems to be doing fine.  He's listening, following directions and is being very well-mannered.  I'm a little worried - {wink}  He has always been a good boy, but never this good.  He has a few moments of stubbornness, but not nearly as many as before.  He probably knows I'm on the edge.  Family is scheduled to visit me the next three weekends, so I am not short on company...or food.   Good gravy, I have food...and GOOD food!

I have no card or layout to share with you.  I'm hoping to...soon. That requires energy, you know.  Of course you know. 

I received a box of goodies from my blog group, the Paper Dolls.  That should help to kick in some creativity, I hope! They ordered me new things from the last release.  We've never all met personally, but they know me so well anyway.  Everything in my box was on my wish list.  Those gals are mind-readers.  I appreciate the love, cards, food and PTI goodies they have sent.

Speaking of cards...wow!  My PTI forum friends have sent me beautiful, and I mean breath-taking cards.  Each one is so unique, but carries the same message of love.  I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful community of people. Thank you all so much. 

So, I'm here.  Kind of.  I'll be back soon with something scrappy...and probably crappy. 

In the meantime, this is what I have to look forward to...AWESOME!

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

Minute by minute is good. Thinking of you and your little guy often. Big HUGS!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

It sounds like you're doing all you can Lee Anne, putting one foot in front of the other, and taking one step at a time. I'm glad you're surrounded by loved ones who support you. You're living my worst nightmare, and I can't begin to imagine the depth of your grief. You and your son are in my prayers...

(((Hugs to both of you)))

Sara Mac said...

{{{HUGS}}} Lee Anne. It's good to hear a bit from you. Reading about how your fellow teachers are helping you with work made me cry. That's a beautiful gift to you. Glad your son is doing well right now too. We love you!

Suzanne said...

Lee Anne, we all love you so much and are all here for you. Minute by minute is good, and I am so glad to hear that you have a wonderful support system there. I just keep wanting to hug you through this computer.

Brenda said...

Please know I'll be there for you any minute that you feel is sixty seconds that will be too tough to face.

Laurie said...

Lee Anne I am thinking about you everyday! I am glad to hear an update! So glad to hear Rustin is doing well! Glad to hear you got your package! So many fun things to create with! I hope you find some crafty time soon! Take care!

Jen Carter said...

Lee Anne, we love you!! We are all hear to listen when you need someone to listen and to support you anyway we can! I pray for you and Rustin often and ask for the Lord's felt presence in both of your lives in so many ways. Thank you for the update. Big hugs!

Amy Kolling said...

I am so glad to hear an update! You have been on my mind often the past weeks as has Rustin. You know even if you just come to your blog to write.....we'll be here and listen. Sometimes this is the best medicine. So glad you got your goodies....it was fun to know that you would be getting a package from us! Big hugs to you and let us know if you need anything!

Katie said...

I don't know if I would even be able to manage minute to minute, so when you don't, don't feel bad. I'm so happy to hear that you have such a great support system...I wish I could do more. You are in my thoughts daily...know that you are loved and never forgotten.

tfiskers said...

I am so glad to hear from you here. We promise to not be too critical of your projects :) I doubt you can do crappy though.

Lee said...

Think about you often. So glad you have such a great support system. Take care. Love and hugs to you and your little boy.

Lisa F. said...

I am so glad you have a support system behind you! I know that is so huge at times like this. I wish there was more I could do for you and your son, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and the updates are so good to hear! I've been wondering how you are doing. {{{Big hugs}}}}

Ingrid Danvers said...

I'm so happy to hear that you have a great support system. It's wonderful that you have so many people who care about you and your son. And what a wonderful surprise to find a box with PTI goodies in the mail from your Paper Dolls friends.

Thinking of you.....

Kristin said...

I am so glad to see you blogging. If it needs to be a second at a time, give yourself that permission. Praying for you daily. Hoping you enjoy some more things I am sending your way! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...