This card is for two of my favorite challenge blogs. This week Jenny at wee Memories made it easy on us and gave us an "Anything Goes" challenge. I love it when she does that. You can get the details and submit your project here.
CAS-ual Fridays gave us a sketch to use, and I love, love, love sketches. All the details can be found here.
As you know, I just returned from the Scrapbook Convention. Having recently been pushed into single-parenthood, I was challenged to figure out what to do with my son while I was on my new adventure. That's where aunts and uncles come in handy, don't you think. My brother-in-law took him for the day on Saturday to Fossil Rim, which to hear my son describe it is "a grassland zoo." He fed ostriches, saw zebras, cheetahs and lots of different animals that are not typical to the Texas grassland. After, they went to the dinosaur park to experience the dinosaur fossils of Texas. It was quite a full day of fun for him and I very much appreciate my brother-in-law taking him. So, I made him a card - complete with a white truck like his.
Here's my card I created for both challenges:
Having my newest stamps from The Stamps of Life ready, this card was super simple to create. Having great tools, like impression plates, make cards look so detailed, but you don't have to spend a lot of time to achieve that look. I used the impression plate on the blue mat and inked the blue paper to resemble clouds so that it would follow the top part of the sketch. The hills were cut and stamped to resemble the road, and all I had left to do was stamp and cut out the truck. Super fun and super simple!
More later! Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!



15 comments:
What a fun card!!!! I just love the impressed background and that little truck totally makes me smile!
oh this is so cool, just love how you've turned the sketch into a road scene :)
Jenny x
This is adorable and creative! ;)
So cute!!!! Love that road. Really creative. I do believe we'll be seeing YOU in the winner's circle!
Oh my goodness! This is a FANTASTIC interpretation of that sketch! I love it! Hope you had fun at the SB convention!
Having family around to "fill in the blanks" so to speak can be a great thing. It sounds like your son had a great time with his Uncle, and I hope you enjoyed yourself too Lee Anne.
This adorable card is top notch. I LOVE the white truck and present with twine. And the grass hillside is brilliant! SO glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week!
Super cute interpretation of the sketch challenge! Love the colors and that sweet little truck. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays. Looking forward to having you play with us again!
Hoorah for aunties and uncles!!
It sounds like he had a wonderful time...
good memories for him...
and the card is fabby!
Your bil will treasure it!!
Hello Lee Ann! Awesome scene that you created here! I love the embossed background and yummy color combo! So glad that you join the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!
this card is so cute! I love the road, the embossed "sky", the little package in the back of the truck - so very cute, all of it!
Super cute work!
Great take on my sketch!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura
This is too cool! Love that little truck and that embossing n the sky is awesome, love it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Awesome use of texture and color to create this fun little scene. So clever. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.
Super cute! I love the impression plate texture for the sky!
What an adorable & fun card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)
Post a Comment