We are nearing the end, and I have to admit, I'm a little sad. Here we are on Day 6 of "A Week with Springtime Doodles," the cute set that Beth Silaika designed for Papertrey Ink. Here it is:
Today's card is a little different. I'm using Raspberry Fizz, which I have always been afraid of, but recently discovered to be an AWESOME color. I'm also using a bit of a different design on the card base.
Here's my card:
Bright, huh? I finally figured out how to use some Martha Stewart doilies I bought a few months ago. I stamped the butterfly on separate cardstock, colored it with my Bic Mark It Markers, and added some glitter, Sakura Stardust pen and a trail of gems to give it some sparkle. After cutting it out, I adhered it to the doily. Here's a close-up:
I lifted up the wings a bit to give it some dimension.
I mentioned above that the design of the base is a bit different. That's because the left panel opens like this:
And then finally the full opening is:
That's one of the tricks I learned in a class at the convention last week. There is the typical scor-line in the center of the base, and then on the front cover, in the center is another scor-line to fold in the opposite direction. It's something a little different and fun. The sentiment, stamped on Hibiscus paper, is from Butterfly Dreams.
Jenny, at Wee Memories, is going to get sick of me, but I'll submit this one too! Here's the link if you want to play along.
Well, I have one more card with this set to finish out my week. It may be my favorite one of all of them. Hope to see you here then.
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!




6 comments:
Wonderful colours and image for your card. That glittery butterfly and the pearls really add such a pretty detail, too!
Such a cute card and I love that you stamped the inside too! fabulous!
My fav so far! Too cute and so original. CAS to a tee
Gorgeous card! I love how you embellished the inside and the bling!
So very pretty!! LOVE the girly colors and the way it opens up! Fantastic!
So pretty. Love the bright cheery colors and the way the card opens up! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!
Post a Comment