Monday, September 5, 2011

So Thoughtful!

I loved Dawn's video today encouraging us to use non-background stamps to create backgrounds.  I love to dig through my stamps to see which ones would make great backgrounds, so this week's technique was perfect for me!  Nichole does this a lot - and with great color combos!  I used one of the combos that she talked about on PTI Radio this weekend on my card today.  

Here it is:

PTI:  Flower Fusion, Take Three die, Spring Moss, Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
This particular flower from Flower Fusion was a bit hard to line up.  After I got over the fact that it didn't have to line up perfectly, I was off and running.

You can see Dawn's video and play along with this week's challenge by clicking here.  Hopefully I can get a few more created before the end of today - a holiday! 

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!




12 comments:

Sincerely, Ree said...

Those flowers look great as a background. I like the colors you've used as well.

Michelle said...

oh so pretty

Joyce said...

Love this card. So serene and pretty.

carol (krillsister) said...

This card blew me away. it is so beautiful. Love the colors. I like your choice of stamps for the background. A unique way touse the take three die too!. Love the buttons & the sentiment.

Jill Norwood said...

I love how your card turned out and the color combo! I am going to have to try this next! :)

Renee said...

LOVE this color combo...
and that background!!
A gorgeous card...
love it! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

I love the background-you just can't go wrong choosing the Flower Fusion stamps-great job!

Marybeth said...

Adorable background with the flower . Love the color too.

Lisa Elton said...

This card is sooo sweet! Great job with this technique :)

tfiske said...

What a great choice! Love your little flowers and squares! Great Card!

Kristin said...

Oh I like this!! I haven't even watched the video yet... Must do that soon! Great color choices :)

Jen Carter said...

Oh goodness!! This is SO creative!! I just love the flames on the back of the balls!! So cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...