I finally finished my son's per-kindergarten scrapbook today. It took a long time, and I had a lot of memories to relive while working on it, which has been fun. This one took longer than normal because I was completing Project Life at the same time for his Kindergarten year, so this one kind of took a backseat to that. When I told him I had finished his pre-K book, he said, "That's great, Mommy! Now you can get started on 1st grade!"
Relentless.
This book is 42 pages long, and on 30 of them are some type of stamping. That makes me feel like the money I've spent on all my stamps is justified. Just what I needed. May spend more now.
Many of the pages I have blogged about, and you can see them if you click on "layouts" in the labels. Here are the last few pages that I haven't shared.
I usually have a layout for each month and then throw in special occasion layouts too. This one is from May 2010 - some of my favorite pictures of my silly boy. (He had his bike helmet on in the backyard while drawing with chalk. Safety first!)
We are a two party system for birthdays, which I'm trying to avoid next year. Here are the layouts from his parties.
And finally, I always seem to do the cover layout for each album last. I think I wait to find a really good picture for it, and this time I chose his school picture.
I framed his picture with sentiments from "Simply You" describing everything is is to me. A lot of sentiments applied to him.
That's it. All done. He's just finished 1st grade, so I better get busy.





9 comments:
I love it!!
They are fabulous memories and someday he will appreciate all the time and love that you put into these!
But the cover...
the cover brought tears...
all those incredible little sentiments...
it's perfect! :)
Such an amazing mom, Sweets!
Lee Anne, this is just wonderful! I love all these pages and I know reliving the memories was bittersweet as he is growing up. The stamping is perfect btw!! I am loving PL and am coverting almost all my scrapping to that type of system :).
What a darling son you have. Love all your layouts.Love the one with the baseballs. It's great you were able to use so many different stamps. The cove ris awesome. I like how you framed his picture with the sentiments.
Fabulous layouts, Lee Anne! I especially love the last one, where you stamped the Simply You sentiments around the photo!
Cute! I especially like the baseball page. I really like how you combined all the patterns on pages 3 and 4. Super fun!
omg..i've never seen these pics....wow...i sooooo love. you are the most talented gal...wow...i love !! ml bell
Wonderful pages and your son will love looking back on them when he is older. You did an amazing job and all of the little details, just so special.
These are great. I'm so behind on my scrapbooking I'll never catch up. The last page I did was our Maui vacation 7 years ago. And I didn't even get all of those done. I'm so bad.
great pages and such memories shared and to be remembered.
Post a Comment