Thursday, April 25, 2013

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge


This month Nichole challenged PTI customers to this:

"It only takes a little *something* to take a project from ho-hum to amazing!  Even something as small as tilting your images or sentiments at an angle can have a huge impact.  This month we are challenging you to create a project that features something tilted.  Position a frame at an angle, tilt your text, add a background strip diagonally, create a border that has an incline, slant a sentiment block, the sky is truly the limit!  We look forward to seeing your projects!"
After scrolling through my blog, I realized I have many projects that have angles and tilts on them  - sometimes even on purpose!

Here' s my project for today:

Fancy Folk Art stamp set, Thanks die

I stamped this background several weeks ago for another project that went unfinished.  I couldn't make it work, so I set this aside for the right time - which is now!  I cut the mat and panel for the sentiment, adhered it to the background and trimmed it to fit.  I was happy to find that the sentiment fits perfectly on the panel.  Adding a few rhinestones was my finishing touch!

I have a second card for the challenge.  This is what I was thinking about while I was monitoring my students during their state assessment tests yesterday.  I was trying to think happy thoughts!  ;)

Up, Up and Away stamp set and Cloud dies

I know I'm going to love this theme for the blog hop, and I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Thanks for visiting  My Happy Place!



7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards, Lee Anne! I love the flowers you stamped as your background and that thanks die is lovely!

Joyce said...

I just love both of your cards. That is a super new way to use those Folk Art flowers--new to me, anyway, and your second card is a great take on a rainbow.

Sara Mac said...

Lee Anne I really love both of your cards. Such a cute bg on the first card. I'd say you've finished it perfectly. Love the bright rainbow on the second card.

Linda said...

Both cards are really cute. Love the colors and flowers on card number one.

Kristii said...

Oh my goodness!! I love your cards tremendously!! Your rainbow card totally makes me happy!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Both cards are great, but I'm loving that "thanks" on the first one - fits perfectly on the tilted panel!

bjmartin said...

Both cards are great. Love the folk art background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...