Beth posted a challenge for the PTI scrapbookers to motivate us to use our stamps more in scrapbooking. This month's challenge is to use watercoloring on a layout.
Since my son was born, I have made a scrapbook each year that highlights month by month. This is the October page from this past October. A friend of mine dragged me kicking and screaming into the pre-divided page protectors, so that is the page that is on the left. I just took it out of the protector to prevent the glare. The reason I have gone in this direction of scrapbooking is because I'm behind on my self-imposed deadline because some certain company has entwined me into cardmaking. Hmmm. Wonder which company that is!
Here is my layout. I blacked out the faces of other kids. My husband asked me why I did that and the only answer I had was that it just felt like the right thing to do, so please excuse the blotches. They are precious children, just not mine.
I stamped the pumpkin on Vintage Cream and colored them in with Aquacolor pencils using orange and brown. Then I used my Dove Blender pen to blend in the colors. I tried to make the pumpkin darker on the left side. The change is not as dramatic as it looks in the picture. It's actually blended pretty evenly.
Supplies:
-Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Thanksgiving (pumpkin), PTI's Turning a New Leaf
-Paper: random Kraft 12x12, PTI's Vintage Cream
-Ink: PTI's Dark Chocolate and Orange Zest
-Aquacolor Pencils and a Dove Blending Pen
-American Crafts Thickers


11 comments:
Way to go Lee Anne! I love the leaves, they made a great border!
Great job! Love the look of the watercoloring.
Lovely! Your son will treasure this book someday
Nice layout! Just stunning. Thanks for sharing and Happy Monday in May!
This is so cute! I love how you used the stamps for the borders! Great pages!
What great pages! Love your take on the challenge!!!
Wow, you were quick with this challenge! I love the way you made it look like a pumpkin vine, and framed the title and photos.
Good for you--a layout challenge done, and early too! That darned PTI, distracting us from scrapbooking with all that (almost) instant gratification card making! :-D Great choice to watercolor the pumpkins--lovely!
Great layout Leanne!
Very nice - great use of the leaves as a border!
Lee Anne: I love your layout, especially the way you used turning a new leaf to create your patterned paper and also how it frames the pictures. Good job on the watercoloring part of the challenge. For me, that was the hardest part to figure out on mine. Thanks for sharing yours first.
Post a Comment