Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #7

It's Laurie Beth's turn to challenge the Paper Dolls over on our Blog.  She wanted us to make our own patterned paper, create a clean and simple (CAS) card, or to do both.  I think I combined both parts to her challenge with this card:
I randomly stamped the cloud stamps from Up, Up and Away on a piece of Spring Rain cardstock.  Then after outlining each cloud with a glue pen, I poured prisma glitter on the paper and let it sit.  I thought the sentiment from the companion set went well with the images.
Here's the inside.  The sentiment is from Every Day Button Bits.  I die cut the balloons and colored them the other day.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them at the time, but now I'm glad I had them sitting there waiting.  (Sorry about the dark photo; it was getting dark.)

Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Up, Up and Away and Sentiments, Every Day Button Bits
Paper: Spring Rain and Stampers Select Cardstocks
Ink: Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow

Other Supplies:
Hero Arts Prisma Glitter
Aqua Color Pencils
Dove bender pen

14 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

oh I love all those white clouds!!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is so, so cute! I love that you put the balloons on the INSIDE, like a fun little surprise for the person when they open the card!

C Stephens said...

Cute card. I love the "silver lining" you used. I may need to get this stamp set (and the dies of course).

Amy Kolling said...

I think you did a great job with Laurie's challenge!! Those clouds are super cute as pattern paper!

Terri said...

Very cool. Love the effect you got on the clouds with the glitter pen.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Great card! Love how you outlined the clouds with glitter and used the matching sentiment. I especially like the hot air balloons inside the card. It's an unexpected treat!

Cathy Weber said...

The prisma glitter is such a nice touch and I loved the balloons on the inside of your card. Great idea.

Jen Carter said...

So cute! Love the glitter on the clouds!

Jill said...

What a great idea! Love it, Lee Anne!

Laurie said...

What a fun idea! I love it! The glitter adds so much! Thanks for playing!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the soft patterned paper that you created. The glitter around the edges adds just the right touch. Great job.

Rita said...

Your clouds are gorgeous! And I love that the balloons are on the inside. Great idea! You've made me almost brave enough to get out my glitter. Thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

Your clouds are gorgeous! And I love that the balloons are on the inside. Great idea! You've made me almost brave enough to get out my glitter. Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Love those clouds! Great combination of the sentiments too...I'll have to remember that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...