Sunday, August 8, 2010

More Back to School

Here's my 3rd Back-to-School card for the August theme on the Hero Arts Blog. A lot of cutting occurred to make this one complete!  It was a lot of fun, but not one that would be easy to mass-produce like the other two I've posted.

I was excited to find some self-adhesive borders on my trip to Hobby Lobby the other day.  A big variety, from bubbles to letters to waves, was tucked inside.  Above is a strip of the grass that was also inside.  Very excited about this purchase!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Hero Arts Stamps:  Playful Animals, Cute Letters
Border: K&Company Actopus to Zelephant
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Spring Rain, True Black, Stampers Select (all PTI) & gray from my stash
Ink: True Black, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo (all PTI)
Buttons: True Black (PTI)
Other: Black twine, Prisma Glitter, Googley Eyes (from my son's stash-Shhhh!!)

6 comments:

Ted said...

Lee Anne! This card has special meaning because my 4th grade class's mascot is the MONKEY! :) What a fun card!

Unknown said...

Precious! I've been camping for years with a group of monkeys... how fun to see them squirrely all over the bus :)

Anika said...

How cute! Love the distressed bus - any bus with wild animals in it should be distressed!

Diane Jaquay said...

Can you say ADORABLE!!! OMG Lee Anne, I just LOVE this!

Lisa Voerg said...

This is the best card. The little monkeys hanging off the bus is too cute. I love how this card came together. It is PERFECT for back to school. Good luck with all of the challenge. You have some great cards to submit.

Teresa said...

This card is awesome! Just looking at it brings a smile to my face.I love those eyes popping out of the oo's in school!So,so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...