As I told you in my last post, I was recently at my local Archivers (which is 5 minutes from my house!!) and ran across a bucket of Lawn Fawn stamps that hadn't been placed on display yet. I sifted through them and pulled out two sets that I couldn't live without. Smitty's ABCs was the one I used yesterday, and today's set is called "Many Thanks." I can't find where it is in the store, which makes me wonder if I should even have it yet.
I used it on two cards today for the challenge at the Lawnscaping Blog - to use distressing. I distressed all the edges on the wood panel with Tea Dye Duo (PTI). Click here to get the details and play along.
Here's my first card:
![]() |
| Lawn Fawn Many Thanks, PTI Sending You die |
First I stamped the cute image from Lawn Fawn's "Many Thanks" on Rustic Cream cardstock. I masked the bird so that I could stamp him in red. Then I used the Sending You die to cut out a window in the wood panel and used an exacto to cut out the window in the red base.
Here are a few more shots:
On my second card, I used the die cut from the panel above and stayed with the same color combo.
![]() |
| Lawn Fawn Many Thanks, PTI Leafy Vine Border, Sending You dies |
I kept this one CAS. I'm still a little torn on whether or not I like how the ink is bleeding into the wood panel.
Hmm...
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place today!





12 comments:
That window card is just too cute!! How fun!!
Great cards. The distressing on the first card really males it.
Love the window on your first card. These are one of my favorite color combos, red and brown.
TFS
Ang
Two great cards. Love the colors and that bird--so cute. I'd like to see more of that stamp set. The sentiment kind of reminds me of some Paper Smooches sentiments I have that I just love. And, I like the ink bleeding on the wood paper--looks authentic.
cute!! love the 'sending you' die..so versatile!!
Both cards are adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping. :)
This is so cute! I love the window!
First off, I love the color combination you worked with here! So cute. And yup, you gave us a sneakie of an unreleased set so yippee! :) The window card is GENIUS! Thank you for playing with us!!!!! :)
So cute ,great colors and I too love the window.
LOVE the colors...
LOVE that window...
LOVE that red birdie...
LOVE these cards!!! :)
I love your window card and that birdie is pretty cute too!
I am so loving both of these cards! That window is too cute!!
Post a Comment