I have to admit that this week's challenge at Paper Smooches Sparks challenge had me a bit stumped. The two blues threw me off, and I had a serious block to the colors. As I was cleaning up my crafting area, I ran across my glitter in one of my drawers and remembered a technique that a crafty friend once shared - glitter masking. It's a fairly simple technique, but it packs a pretty big punch.
Here's my card for today:
I began by cutting an adhesive sheet and peeling off the backing. I used the Hickory Leaf die to cut several leaves from the adhesive backing. I did the same with the butterfly die from Flap Happy. The trick is peeling off the diecuts only when you are ready to pour glitter over that area. After getting all the glitter down, I used Staz On ink to stamp the sentiment, trail and antennae for the butterfly. Adding a few black rhinestones for the body gave the card a little dimension.
Here's a photo in the sunlight:
I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for visiting My Happy Place!





2 comments:
So much glitter--so much fun. I really like this card.
HOLY MOLY! I loooooooooooove this card! LOVE all the glitter!!! You stamped over the glitter? WOWOWZA! That's talent! FAB card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- be sure to stop by and play with us this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:)
Post a Comment