My Spring Break is ending today, and the weather outside is beautiful for this last day of fun and frolic. Before my son and I leave for a bike ride, I wanted to post this happy card I made for some of this week's challenges.
First, I used the sketch from Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge for this week. I love square cards, so this was perfect for me!
I've been messing around with this little lightning bug for a week now, trying to make him work for me. I love to paper piece him and the other bugs from Paper Smooches Giddy Bugs. The tag and sentiment are from Paper Smooches Quote Tag Die set.
Here's a close up of the lightning but. I added some Wink of Stella on his face and bottom. (Do bugs have bottoms?)
I'm also entering this into both of Simon Says Stamp challenges this week. The Monday Challenge is to create a card with an animal, and the Wednesday Challenge is to create a Spring Themed card using their Pin collage for inspiration. Lightning Bugs + Green/Yellow= Spring to Me!
Thank you for visiting My Happy Place! Off to ride bikes now!




4 comments:
hello Lee Anne! adorable, luv the paper pieced lighting bug...sooooo cute! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
sparkle & shine *~*
Cute, cute cute! Loving the embossed background. The paper piecing is perfect on the bee. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Oh that lightening bug looks so cute paper-pieced with that patterned paper! Such a perfect card for spring! I hope you had a lovely spring break and thank you for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!
OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this!! Such a FUN Design!! Your Paper Choices and Paper Piecing are BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the texture too!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
Post a Comment