Sunday, September 26, 2010

Get Sketchy #57

ETA: Thanks to the girls at Get Sketchy for picking this card as the winner for the sketch!  I'm thrilled and honored!

For some reason, the new sketch at Get Sketchy really jumped out at me and I immediately had an idea in my head.  Don't you LOVE it when that happens?  I do.

Here is the sketch for this week: 
And here's my card:

I decided to paper-piece some leaves from Hero Arts Happy Thanksgiving set.  After cutting them all out, I stamped some of the outline image onto the cardstock and secured the colorful ones down.  I finished by heat embossing a branch from the same set and the sentiment from PTI's Wreath for All Seasons set.

It still looked a little empty, so I added the ink to the edges and the twine around the top. I really liked how this one came together!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts: Happy Thanksgiving, Papertrey Ink: Wreath for All Seasons
Paper:Terracotta Tile, Ripe Avocado, Fine Linen (PTI) and various scraps
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Versamark
Other: Rustic Jute Twine, clear embossing powder

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Great take on the sketch, Lee Anne! Love the fall scene in this!

Amy Kolling said...

Love your version of the sketch! I really like your sentiment panel....it goes so well with your pretty falling leaves!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great take on the challenge!! Super cute card! TFS!

Laurie said...

Love the colored leaves popped up! Beautiful card!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute! I love your paper piecing!

Chrysalis said...

congrats on winning with this lovely card, Lee Anne - you deserved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...