Saturday, September 25, 2010

September PTI Blog Hop

Today is the September Papertey Ink Blog Hop!  The challenge this month was to find a fellow blogger that has provided inspiration to us and to create something based on that inspiration.

There are so many people that I could name.  I look at so many blogs that have such beautiful creations that I just want to sit down and try to recreate them all.  It's hard to narrow down who has inspired me with techniques.  Coloring, paper piecing, vintage look, CAS, white space, details, embossing, die-cuts.  I can't even begin to list everyone.

For my Blog Hop card, I would have to say the person that inspired me here was Maile Belles. She has a way with using die-cuts on the front of her cards, leaving the background to show through. This is the first card that caught my attention. You can see details about it here.

 Here's my card.  I stamped the raindrops on a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock.  After cutting out the square on the yellow patterned paper, I adhered a clear piece of cardstock to the back to mimic a window.  The curtain is made from Vintage Cream felt die-cut with the medium scallop die.  All the patterned paper is from my stash - it's pretty old.  The  inside has the sun image stamped in Summer Sunrise and a sentiment that reads, "The sun will come out tomorrow."  I don't know why I didn't snap a picture of the inside!



Thanks for looking!  Enjoy your hop!


Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Scattered Showers and Scattered Showers Additions
Paper:Vintage Cream cardstock
Ink:  Spring Rain, True Black
Tools:  Medium Scallop Die
Other: Rhinestones, unknown patterned paper

26 comments:

Maureen said...

what bright and cheery colours :) love your card :)

Pam W. said...

Adorable! Love the rain outside the window. Great job with the cut out.

Maile Belles said...

What a super fun idea! Love the rain drops through the clear cardstock window and felt curtains! Thank you!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the raindrops through the window! FAB card!

Vanessa said...

Your window is so cute!! Love it! Vanessa x

Leora said...

Very cool card!

Anonymous said...

how neat...what wonderful examples of "window" cards! the umbrella card though is sooo smart!!!
great job!!!!!

Karen C said...

Cute card with a great use of clear card stock!

Rhonda said...

Oh goodness! Love the window.

Kay D said...

Aww, I love that little window- too cute!

Aimes said...

Oh this is so sweet! I adore your take on Maile's card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Amy Kolling said...

Lee Anne.....this is adorable! Love the raindrops outside the window....what a great idea! Thanks for showing Maile's card....I loved that card and had forgotten about it. I CASE'd Maile too! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Cute idea using the raindrops outside the little window. Great idea. Funny sentiment too.

Laura Isham said...

such a cute card that was inspired by another cute card. I haven't done the window technique in a while. this card makes me want to go give a try tonight!

Moshers said...

I appreciate your allusion to the musical "Annie"! Not to mention it's a beautiful card...

tfiskers said...

Is Pam W THE Pam W I am thinking about it. Hey, cute card. Love the spring colors...whats with the blue field @ Boise State?

Teresa said...

So cute! Love the window and its curtain!

Kelly S. said...

Such sweet cards! Love the flowers on the inside of the first card, and that umbrella card is so adorable in those colors!

Deb C said...

Super cute. I love it. TFS~

Marge said...

WOW -- these are just too much FUN!!!

Jen Carter said...

What a cute scene you created!

peggysue said...

I love that die cut window with the buttons around it, so pretty!

Traveling Mama said...

Sounds like Maile is inspiring a lot of us! :-) I love your beautiful cards! Hugs from Denmark!

Babies-Beth said...

How cute!! It is not as easy as it looks to get those holes in the fronts of cards, lol lol lol!!

Kristii said...

Wow!!! What beautiful cards!!!! I just love the die cut window and the buttons!!! Awesome!!

Taheerah said...

Very pretty, love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...