ETA: Thanks to Nichole and the random number generator for picking this card as one of the winners of the Blog Hop this month! Now, I have the hard task of picking out a stamp set! So many awesome sets to choose from!
I'm very excited for this month's PTI Blog Hop! Here's Nichole's challenge for us:
Holiday Leftovers
It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge! Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project. We all have plenty of it laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty little things into an amazing piece of art!
It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge! Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project. We all have plenty of it laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty little things into an amazing piece of art!
We had a family Christmas with my aunt the Saturday before Christmas, and she had the cutest little tags on everyone's gifts. I used the one she gave me to create this card:
I stamped the background with Tin Types, cut out a border with the new Banner Borders die and some snowflakes from the Peace Be Still die set. The sentiment is from this year's Holiday Tags (love them!!)
Here's another view:
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with using their leftovers! I have a few more of these cute tags that I snagged after my sisters opened their gifts...they don't know what they were overlooking!
Have fun on the hop!
Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Background Basics: Tin Type, 2010 Holiday Tags
Paper: Kraft Stampers Select White
Ink: Pure Poppy
Tools: Banner Border, Peace Be Still snowflake dies
Other: Vintage Cream Felt, Pure Poppy Buttons, Rustic White Twine
Leftovers: Tag from gift



41 comments:
Really great card! I would have snatched up that tag, too! Your design fits in with the tag just right!!
Really nice! I would love homemade tags for my gifts too.
Super cute! I love the green cardboardy looking background. :)
Adorable! That tag is too cute to not use again!
Great recycling - those mittens are so cute!
Hugs
Carol x
I didn't get any tags as cute as that! You LUCKY girl! It really made a FAB card!
What a cute card and great re-use~!! Funny how most people over look the stuff we obsess over...:)
very cute!!
Absolutely adorable! Love this so much!
What a warm and cozy winter card. Great use of a 'leftover' tag!
So very cute!
Cute tag ~ and an even cuter card! Great idea.
cute! love the little mittens!
Your card is so pretty - love the tag you used.
Really pretty. Those mittens are adorable and well worth reusing.
Wha a cute card, Lee Anne! I've made tags from cards, but never have I thought to make a card from a tag- guess I will have to go through the trash, now!!
Absolutely perfect! The tag you recycled helped to make a perfect card! I love it.
Sweet card!
Oh, Lee Anne, this is one of the best I've seen so far. I just love it all!
Oh LOVE the colors and the Tin Types Background with that sweet rustic little mitten set! Super cool layout with the banner border, too!
bellissima!
These mittens are fab.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
What a cute tag :) Love how you were able to turn it into a beautiful winter card!
love that you recycled/reused the gift tags. i couldn't figure out how to do that with the ones that were on the gifts i gave. now i'll have some ideas for next year
So cute! Love the mittens!
What a DARLING card -- LOVE it!!!
Cute card....love those mittens!
Very cute - love the felt mittens, they're darling!
What a great way to re-use the cute tag! I'm sure you'll have fun with the other ones you snagged, too!
Those are cute tags and they look great on your card!
Very cute! Great way to reuse the tag!
Cute, cute, cute! Love those mittens!
that tag is a work of art in itself. i like how you added the snowflakes, cute card.
Adorable!! I love the little mittens!
OH my goodness Lee Anne! ADORABLE!!
What a cute card .I love the mittens .
This is just adorable!!
This is such a sweet card! I love how you used the tag. Congrats on winning too! Great job!
And to think I gave my MIL the adorable tags she had put on our gifts (store bought, but still great tags) so she could use them again next year. Oh well. Guess I was being green, right? Your card is perfect! Congrats on earning a free stamp set!
Beautiful card! I love your mittens! Congrats on the free stamp set!
Beautiful card! I love your mittens! Congrats on the free stamp set!
Post a Comment