Friday, February 4, 2011

GYSO #5

This week's sketch at Get Your Sketch On was perfect for last year's February layout!  I had just a couple of pictures for this month, and most of them were focused on Valentine's Day.  Here's the sketch and my layout:




The bottom right picture had to be included.  My son was working on addressing his Valentine's and was a little irritated at my picture taking.  Luckily, I caught that one just in time.

Remember, my goals for the year are to use more patterned paper (on cards and layouts) and to use more stamping in my layouts.  This one fits into those two goals!  The larger heart is from Practicing Creativity's "Carved Love" set and all the other stamps are from Papertrey Ink's Tiny Treat Valentines!  I colored in the images with my Bic Mark It Markers!  The striped paper is from Echo Park's "Little Boy" line.

Here's a detail shot:



Come play along at the Get Your Sketch On challenge - all the details are here.  The prize this week is from The Pink Cat Studio.

I'm submitting this to my blog group's, The Paper Dolls,  challenge from a couple of weeks ago.  Laurie Beth challenged us to use felt and a die-cut.  Even though this isn't a card, I think it fits the challenge.  You can play along with us by seeing the details of the challenge here.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Love this layout!! I scrap all the time and used GYSO just the other day for a Christmas layout! Love that TT:V is on your layout- that really inspires me as well... I need to do the same thing! :-)

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this Lee Anne.. what a FUN way to use Tiny Treats!!!
Have a GREAT day!!

Amy Kolling said...

What a great layout! You do scrapbook pages soo well! Love those tiny treat images!!

tfiskers said...

WOW! What a great page! I love all the stamping and it gets me in the mood for Vday!

Kerryn said...

It looks fantastic! I love the stamping!! Thanks for playing at GYSO :).

Valerie said...

I love how you used the striped paper, what a fun and cute layout:) Thanks for playing along at GYSO this week!

Laurie said...

Lee Ann this is an amazing layout! I love how you incorporated felt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...