Sunday, January 30, 2011

Papertrey Pages January Challenge

Beth challenged the forum at Papertrey Ink to a layout challenge that goes like this:

Christmas is over, and I have been doing baby pages in primary and fall colors, so...
You must use 3 items in Spring Rain on these pages- that means
paper, ink, buttons, ribbons, brads, glitter, etc etc etc.
 
As usual, I waited until the end of the month to complete the layout.  I kept changing my mind about which pictures I wanted to use.  I finally settled on my family's kite adventure from last March.  My son finally got the hang of flying a kite with the help of Daddy, and he was really pretty good at it.
Here's my layout:


All the patterned paper is from Echo Park's Walk in the Park.  {love}

The title is cut from Mat Stack 5 die and matted with Spring Rain paper.  Then I stamped the title with letters from "Carved in Love" from Practicing Creativity.  I embossed some kites from Up, Up and Away (PTI) and attached Rustic White twine for tails.  I popped those on the mat and popped the mat as well for some dimension. 

The three Spring Rain products are:  cardstock, buttons and brads.  I was going to use ribbon, but GUESS WHAT!?  I don't have any Spring Rain ribbon.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that.  

Here's a detail shot:


Thanks for visiting My Happy Place today!  I hope to have more to post this week, but it's not looking too good. 


8 comments:

Kara said...

cute, i love it!

Keva said...

Oh, that is SO cute, I have NEVER been able to scrapbook and wish I could. This is so cute..great job!

Jessie said...

Love your layout! The kites are so cute on the page!!

Stephanie said...

Cute layout!!! Love all of the buttons and kites!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Lee Anne! That's a LO I might CASE! I love the colors all together- Babies- Beth

Amy Kolling said...

I don't scrapbook much anymore but I recognize a fab layout! Love the smaller square pics on the bottom and that row of buttons!

tfiskers said...

Love your new blog!!! The picture and text are super cute!!! The layout is really easy to follow and is visually balanced! Yay!!!!

Jen Carter said...

Great work on this layout! Love how you incorporated your stamps into this. LOVE that row of buttons!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...