Saturday, February 26, 2011

Paper Dolls Challenge #32



This card is for the Paper Dolls Challenge #32, issued by Amy.  She challenged us to create a project with these requirements:
The Challenge
1.  Embossing
2.  Use any floral image from PTI
3.  Spring colors
 
"Any floral image from PTI" - sounds easy, right?  No!  That choice is very, very difficult.  There are way too many great floral images, and I only have a few of them.  I don't even own any of the Year of Flowers sets.  Every time I see a project done with them, I turn my head quickly to avert my eyes so as not to be tempted to order all 12 sets at once.  
The spring part of Amy's challenge made me think of tulips, and the obvious choice for that was one of my favorite sets, "Wishing You."  I also included the challenge this week for Make It Monday - to apply glitter using scor-tape.  I created a frame around the edges of the green mat to add some sparkle to the card. 
 
Here's my card:
I started by stamping and embossing the tulip leaves with VersaMark and Zing powder on Vintage Cream  cardstock.  Then I ran the mat through my Big Shot with the Canvas Impression plate.  I used my new favorite edger punch on the sides.  The glitter border is on a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock.  I chose some happy, spring colors for the tulips, stamped them, cut them out and popped them up.  After adding a butterfly, I was finished.  

Here's the inside:
 

And since I've learned how to do close-up views pretty well, you get to see this one too!  It really shows the canvas impression plate.
 

Thanks for looking today and visiting My Happy Place.  To play along with this Dolls challenge, click here and have a ton of fun!





 
All Papertrey Ink Supplies (unless noted otherwise):
Stamps:  Wishing You, Make a Wish
Ink:  Orangerie, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Smokey Shadow, Wisteria (Color Box), Versamark
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse, Bitty Dot Basics
Tools:  Canvas impression plate, Bracket Edger Punch (EK Success), Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
Other:  Zing embossing powder, Hero Arts prisma glitter, 1/4-inch scor tape, rhinestones

16 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Very cute, Lee Anne! Great spring colors. Love how you finished the inside. I have this set, but haven 't used it yet. Now you make me want to take it out and make something with it.

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card Lee Anne, so Springy!!!

Renee said...

I LOVE this...
I don't have this set...
maybe I should avert my eyes so I'm not going after it...:)
And YOF is addictive...I will eventually have the whole set!
Love them!
But your colors are fabulous and I love that you "popped" the blooms...
just gorgeous!

Laura Evangeline said...

So cute!

Margaret M said...

Lee Ann..such a bright and happy card! Really like the colors you chose and how the flowers pop. I have this stamp set but have yet to use it, you've given me a push!

Jen Adcock said...

What a lovely card. I love the wonderful texture from your use of the IP. The edging is fab. I can so see why it is a fave as it is perfect here. The pieced flowers are so pretty too. This card is magic!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the springy look of your card. Just perfect. Love that set!

Amy Kolling said...

Everytime you use this set, I literally go and try to create with it but never have luck. Your card is fabulous because I love how you have popped the flower images and added the border edges!

Sara Mac said...

Lee Anne, this card is perfect for Spring! What a cheery and fun card. I love this inside stamping too.

Rhonda said...

This is adorable Lee Anne!

Laurie said...

I love seeing you use this set! Those flowers popped up look amazing! Great job with the challengE!

Suzanne said...

I absolutely love how the edging matches the curvature of the flowers, and how you used the IP in the background, but in front of the glitter!!!

Jen Carter said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS look of it and all the white! So pretty!

tfiskers said...

I love how you incorporated the score-pal strips in a unique way. I dont think I have ever seen it the way you did it. It makes a very glam card!

Laurie HIMCR said...

I love how you did the flowers! So colorful and sweet! Very pretty card!

Katie said...

Love the texture on the main panel...adds a nice subtle touch. This is one of those sets I keep putting in my shopping cart that keeps jumping out as other things come first. Love the little butterfly too...great color combination too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...