This week's Make It Monday was H-A-R-D...hard. First, you really, really, really need a pen that works. Really. That's pretty much it, so there is no "second."
After several attempts to make something, I finally managed this:
I love Melissa Bickford's Way to Go Kiddo! set and have not used it nearly enough. So, I thought the caterpillar would make a good "base" for the card and a natural place for the line to come and go. The sentiment seemed like it would compliment the caterpillar by being in the opposite corner, but then the whole thing just looked bare - which is the idea around the frame - to tie everything together. So, to avoid throwing the whole thing in the trash, I added some flowers and rhinestones.
Do you like the color combo? It is the palette that Kim Wilson gave us at Off the Wall Craftiness. You can play along by clicking here. Here's her inspiration.
I hope you find the time to play in one of these challenges this weekend! Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!





9 comments:
This is so cute!! I love how you combined the line with the caterpillar and that sentiment is perfect! Great card!
Love your caterpillar....and the colors really work on this card! Way to go with your lines. I think we are all realizing how difficult they are. Good JOB!
Very cute! Thanks for joining us at OTWC and Good Luck!
LOVE it!
It's so adorable!
The colors work perfectly...
and love that little caterpillar!
And I agree...
you gotta have a good pen :)
This is GREAT! I know what you mean about this being hard. Hence, all my "frames" are scored!! Eek, line drawing apparently is for Nichole Heady only :)
too cute!! I love the little caterpillar! Adorable!
What a cute card! I totally agree that this was a tough one. I finally gave up trying to make it work after adding far too many samples to my 'circular file.'
Great job with that MIM card! I didn't even want to attempt it last week...LOL. I love how you fit the inchworm into your frame along with your sentiment! Thanks for using the OTWC colors!!
Super cute card dearie!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!!!
Post a Comment