Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paper Smooches Wedding Hop

Kim Hughes, former PTI Design Team Member and Former Paper Crafts Go-To-Gal was married yesterday! (This, I suppose, also makes her the former Kim Hughes.) Her design team from her new stamp company threw her a Wedding Card Blog Hop using her own fabulous stamps she designed.  The hop started on the Paper Smooches blog here.  There you can see the details of the contest and join in on the fun!

I recently purchased 2 sets of Paper Smooches stamp sets - Giddy Bugs and Vegtastic.  It's been so recent that I still haven't received them in the mail yet, so I decided to use one of Kim's digital stamps instead.  The Flowery Bird image is free on the Paper Smooches site and you can edit it any way you want.  I enlarged it, and flipped it so that I could have 2 birds facing each other.  Here's my card:


I colored the birds with Aquacolor pencils and blended with my Dove Blender pen.  I outlined some of the lines with my Sakura Stardust pen. I've been on the search for the grass punch from Fiskars or Martha Stewart, and finally found it.  It may be the best border punch...ever. (And I love border punches!)

Congratulations to Kim on her wedding day!  Can't wait to hear details!

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place today!






Supplies: (finished size 5x7)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches digi, Big and Bold Wishes (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf (PTI)
Tools:  Cloud dies, Tiny Tags die (PTI), Fiskars border punch
Other:  Clear embossing powder, Aquacolor pencils, Dove blender, Sakura pen, twine

10 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

It's so sweet of you all to do the wedding blog hop. I am sure she will love it. I love all the color on your card.
TFS
Ang

Amy Kolling said...

Great card to celebrate Kim's wedding! Love that grass punch!

Stephanie said...

Lee Anne.......This card is just darling! Your coloring is beautiful and that grass punch is so awesome! Now, I'm going to have to go find it.....lol I'm sure Kim is just going to love her card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Those birdies are adorable, and you've paired them with the perfect sentiment! Love this colorful card!

Margaret M said...

This card is adorable! I really like the birds..a great wedding card!

Unknown said...

Your coloring job is AMAZING! I love the swirly, sparkly blend in the love birds. And what exciting news about Kim - I'm so happy for her!

Kryssi said...

thanks for playing along! love the mirror imaging!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Cute card, Lee Anne! Love the MS grass punch. Glad to see you getting crafty.

Jen Carter said...

How cute!! And what a super idea to flip the image!!

Kristin said...

super cute... I forgot she started her own line, I don't follow her as close as most of the others. good to know about her day of happiness.

Love the mr&mrs stamp... perfect under those birds!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...