Sunday, April 17, 2011

OTWC - Easter

This week at Off the Wall Craftiness, Kim gave us just this Easter photo inspiration with no specific colors.  Look at her beautiful collage:
How could you choose just one color scheme from this?  I couldn't, so I focused on the rabbits at the bottom and tied in several Easter-y colors.  (Yes, I made up another word.)

Here's my card:


The rabbits are from Hero Arts Happy Day Animals.  I tried to mimic the colors of the Peeps in the picture.  I added a green one so that I would have 5 rabbits  instead of 4.  The tree branches are from Little Bitty Bird and the sentiment is from Tag Its #1, both from Papertrey Ink.  I die-cut the clouds in Vintage Cream felt using both cloud dies from PTI. 

Yes, that's my grass border punch from Fiskars I love so much.  I've seen several in the stores now.  I guess they are seasonal.  You should pick one up if you don't have one yet.  I got mine at Joann's and I've seen them at Hobby Lobby too. 

I added a few more details by securing the pearls in the tree to represent buds and the crocheted flowers on the ground.  What a fun card this was to make!

You should play along with Kim's challenge.  You can see all the details by clicking here

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

12 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Lee Anne this is so adorable! Those bunnies look like they are dancing to celebrate Spring. I love that grass punch. Gotta go shopping this week, I guess:)

Unknown said...

Oh, the little pearl buds and crocheted flowers are fantastic! I love this fun card and it's rainbow of bunnies!

Renee said...

This is just too stinkin' cute!
Love those bunnies!
And the colors are just so happy!
Love it all...
too adorable!

Katie said...

So cute! My 'baby' saw this and her fingers went a hoppin'! Bunnies are one of her favorite hints to sign these days. I love that you used product from so many companies...I need to do that more often...goodness knows, I have enough!

Katie said...

Uh- that should have said 'things'...not 'hints'...sometimes I hate the auto correcting on my iPod!

Jovan said...

This is so cute!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lee Anne, this is ADORABLE! I love the cute bunnies, and the flowers and tree buds give this card such great personality!!

Amy Kolling said...

Look at all those adorable bunnies! I love those little crocheted flowers in the grass!

~Tammy~ said...

Lee Anne, this is so cute! This card really made me smile! Those flowers are the perfect addition! Thanks you for playing in the OTWC Easter Challenge! Good Luck! :-)

Jen Carter said...

I love how you used the branches as an accent on this and not as a focal point!! Cute little bunnies!

Laurie said...

Too sweet! I love those colorful bunnies!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh they're so sweet! Love all of those different colors, they look like they're doing a happy dance! Thanks for playing at OTWC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...