Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glitter Masking

I admit it.  I was skeptical.  The Make It Monday video that Jenn did this week was inspiring, but as I sat and watched her, I thought that there was absolutely no way I could do this technique.  Then others were talking on the forum about how they were having problems.  I thought it was a lost cause. But tonight, I came home and found some mojo and made this!

Turning a New Leaf, Double Ended Banner dies (PTI), Sentiment (My Favorite Things)

I used waxed paper as the mask and it worked like a dream!  If you are skeptical too, I want to encourage you to just try this technique!!  It's fun - and very sparkly!  I would have never tried this if it weren't for the video!

Here's a close-up:

Sparkly!

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lee Anne, that is so pretty! Isn't glitter hard to photograph? I can tell this is stunning in real life. Great job!

carol (krillsister) said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for the tip about wax paper. If I have some time this weekend, I might try again.

Suzie said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

So very Christmas and soooo much sparkle. I love it!

Renee said...

It's gorgeous!!
So sparkly and festive...
just love it! :)
And no courage here...
glitter and I just don't mix well...
I love it...
it doesn't love me :(

Kay D said...

You rocked this challenge- this card is absolutely stunning!

Sara Mac said...

LOVE this Lee Anne! It's just so gorgeous and festive. Great job girly!

Mayol said...

Gorgeous card! The berries are so cute!

Marybeth said...

This turned out sooo pretty , nicely done. Love the red berries too.

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty, Lee Anne! Great job with the technique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...