I am officially on Spring Break - and it's a bit rainy outside - so that makes for a perfect day to get some crafting done! I have a long list of cards and layouts I want to accomplish on my break, and here is the first one finished:
I wanted to use a new die I picked up from Archivers last week. I haven't jumped on the hexagon bandwagon yet, so this is a first for me. I diecut the shapes from a piece of cardstock for a negative effect. I placed some gingham paper from A*Muse in the background and popped up the panel to add dimension. The stamp is from My Favorite Things "Say What?" set.
CAS-ual Fridays has a challenge this week to use color blocking. You can get all the details and submit your card by clicking here.
And Cath, over at Moxie Fab World is celebrating lots of trends this month with the release of Card Creations 11. This one is for her challenge to use negative die-cuts. You can see all the details if you click here!
Off to check some more things off my crafty list! Be back soon! Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!




12 comments:
Really cute card! You are going to enjoy playing with the hexagons.
Cute card! Very cheerful. Glad to see you have a list. I bet you'll get more done that way. Enjoy your break.
Great card, Lee Anne! I love how you used the negative of the hexagons!
What a fun card Lee Anne. Love the layout and colors. Enjoy your Spring Break.
Love the negative die idea, great card!
Love this!
The colors...
negative die cuts...
that fabulous paper...
I LOVE that paper and hoard it! :)
Have a wonderful Spring Break...
one more week for us...
yay!! :)
Great card! I like how you staggered the hexagons.
Love the clean look of this, gorgeous!
so cute! love the colors. sweet card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week! =)
Lovely card. I love how elegant it is in its simplicity. I have a few hexagon things, but never really made them work. Feeling inspired now. Thanks for that!
Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!
Hey Lee Anne! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Post a Comment