Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mixing Patterns

I'm going back to Day 1 of the this online class and looking at my patterned paper a little differently.  I followed Jennifer's advice and pulled out some of my neglected 6x6 paper pads.  The one I chose to use today is Lime Twist from My Mind's Eye

I created a card, then threw it in the trash can.  Then got it out of the trash can and tried to revive it a little.  So this is take two:


The original had just the orange panel and I was at a loss.  It looked bare.  So, I added the bottom red panel and the strip of stars to the middle.  I matted the strip to set off the patterns a bit, again using Jennifer's advice. I like it a lot better than the original.  

I'm off to try the resist technique on patterned paper now.  Hope I don't kill my iron...not that I ever use it.

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

6 comments:

June K said...

Great selections of pattern paper. I love the star panel - it adds so much to the card.

Amanda said...

I love everything about this card. The stars are awesome! All of your talk about this pattern play class is making me want to sign up.

tonyamaries said...

This turned out great! I just signed up for the class tonight!

Joyce said...

I'm glad you rescued your card. It's great, and the patterns you chose are just perfect.

Janine said...

what a really cute card. the paper you chose is wonderful and the colors compliment each other beautifully.

Janine said...

what a cute card. the colors you chose compliment each other beautifully, a great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...