Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Go-To Sketch Challenge #7

ETA:  This card was chosen as one of the winners of the Sketch Challenge!!  Thank you Papercrafts!!

Every couple of weeks Papercrafts Connection has a Go-To Sketch Challenge.  This month the challenge was to create a card based on this sketch:
I love making cards based on sketches.  It gives me a place to start and then I can get as creative as I want within the parameters of the sketch.  I submitted two to the contest this month.  Here's the first:


As you can see from many of my posts, Halloween and Fall are on my mind.  I love them both.  There was a time that I did not enjoy Halloween.  Even as a child I didn't like dressing up.  Now that I have a son, Halloween is more fun than ever for me, and we have a blast during this month.  You'll probably see a few more Halloween cards from me in the coming weeks.

Thanks for looking! I'll be back with my second card tomorrow - not Halloween, however!

Supplies:
Stamps: 2009 Halloween Tags (Papertrey Ink),  Galaxy of Stars (Hero Arts)
Paper: Stampers Select, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink), Purple (Archivers)
Ink: True Black(PTI) , Versamark
Other: 2008 Bitty Dot Basics Paper, Harvest Gold Twill, Cloud die (all PTI), EK Success circle punch, Spellbinders tag die

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my! I love this one too.

Jen Carter said...

Too cute!! Love how you used the sketch, it's perfect!

Keva said...

That is so cute. Love the way you made the hat work for that panel..really great job!

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

I love that hat!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! Fun Halloween card!

Amy Kolling said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! Fun Halloween card!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great Halloween card! Super cute and great take on the sketch challenge!

Kay D said...

Love the starry purple sky, and the witch's hat is just too cute!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE it! What a GREAT take on the sketch! I too LOVE Halloween and Fall and cant stop CREATING goodies!! :) Will be watching for your cards! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Ginny said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! What a fun idea to make the witches hat and I love the purple background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...