This week's Make It Monday was brought to us by Heather, who showed us a great technique using our dies to emboss. I waited until the last minute to make a card for the challenge. Life was busy last week - or was it just me? My family was in town for Easter, and I didn't think they came to visit me while I worked in my craft room.
So I waited until they left to make this:
Pink and green. sigh...I love it together. It may be my favorite color combo ever. Any pink with any green - you just can't go wrong.
I embossed the frame from the Sending You collection on a piece of white cardstock, and then masked it to stamp the Gingham background. I used the die for the leaves and punched out the flower with my 1-3/4 inch punch. I had a yellow button in the middle, but it just didn't look right, so I took it off and added the rhinestone. It gave it just enough bling.
Both of these sets were sent to me by my blog group - The Paper Dolls. I haven't had a chance to play with the sets much, and I'm so glad I reached for them for this card today. The Dolls have a challenge going on right now with a great inspiration photo. You should check it out and play along. I just now got an idea for it. You'll be seeing Sending You again very shortly!
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!




11 comments:
It's gorgeous!
And I totally agree...
if I'm going to use pink...
there's got to be green :)
Do you think it's from our "Pretty in Pink" era?
Cathy has lent me Sending You and I need to get it back to her...
but don't want to...
so it's in my cart :)
I was on the fence with it...
she pushed me off!
This is gorgeous! I love the way you stamped the gingham, I am totally envious because mine does not turn out that way at all. I hope you had a lovely Easter.
Hi Lee Anne! Happy Easter!
Your card is beautiful, of course! Love the rhinestone in the center and that shade of pink with the true green color. Stunning. I tried out those gingham stamps at Jessica's and wasn't as successful at lining them up as you were. :)
Lee Anne, this card is lovely. That gingham really is the perfect choice and the flower takes center stage. Wonderful!
Great colour combo and choice of die for embossing!
Very pretty, very clever!
Of course you thought of that! I love the concept and such a great application of the challenge! Love your card!
great way to use this technique!
Beautiful card Lee Anne! I adore this color combo too. Thanks for the visual reminder to use it again soon. Thinking of you:)
Love this!! I definitely want this set, but haven't bought any sets since birthday sets during the "birthday month". You've done great with this one!! Love the pink!
Hope you are doing well today!
You are right...can't go wrong with pink and green! You did a fabulous job with the gingham background...lovely!
Post a Comment