Thursday, July 14, 2011

Card Camp Week 3

This is another card for this week's Make It Monday, where Dawn inspired us to create pockets as focal points for our cards.  You can see the video and sample cards by clicking here.

I'm in my 3rd week of the Summer Card Camp classes with Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire.  The videos, tutorials, samples are colors are very inspiring.   I love this week's color combo! 

Red with cream and brown is a favorite combo for me, but three shades of brown was a bit difficult. I think I was able to pull it off with the use of some real wood birch paper.

Here's my card:


The idea behind the Make It Monday challenge is to use the edger dies from Papertrey Ink to create the borders.  I don't have any edger dies and turn my head quickly from my monitor anytime I see one used - and chant in my head, "I do not need that.  I do not need that."  I tried that with the impression plates too, but now I own a half-dozen of those.  Maybe I'll be stronger about the edgers.

So, I used a punch - and one of my favorites.  I know I've told you how much I love the grass punch from Fiskars I used on my other Make It Monday card, but I also love this bracket border punch from EK Success.  It punches and embosses. 

It's also the same shape as the side of Mat Stack 4 - a happy coincidence.  So that is what I used as my tag that fits in my pocket.


I'm hoping to get another card done for the Card Camp before Sunday night!  We'll see if time is on my side!

Tomorrow I'll be back with a summery card for Jenny's Wee Memories Challenge!  Should be fun!

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

9 comments:

-Susan- said...

Lee Anne, Love your card with the pocket! Really cute! I saw the video earlier this week on how to make it and your did such a great job with it! Who wouldn't love to get this in their mail box???

Nerina said...

Lee Anne, this is beautiful! I love the real birch wood - wow! Mixed with the leaves, it's brilliant!

Ally said...

Beautiful card. Such a great use of the Card Camp colors, and I love the sentiment you used on the inside tag to compliment the Happy Birthday on the banner. So lovely. ;-)

Amy Kolling said...

Just lovely Lee Anne! I love the wood mixed with those leaves!!

Marybeth said...

Wow this is another beautiful MIM card , you did an amazing job Its just perfect every detail. Very Nice!

Suzanne said...

Ooooooooooooooooh I love that wood paper! It's amazing!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

A very pretty card! Beautiful pocket on this and great use of the colors.

Renee said...

Another fabby card!
Gonna have to try this pocket idea...
when I find the time!
But love the wood...
gorgeous!

Suzanne Russell said...

So beautiful! Love the warm color combo and turning a new leaf is an all time favorite of mine!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...