Monday, July 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink's July Blog Hop!

This is my second post for the day.  I know.  Crazy.  Please scroll down to see the first one!


This month's inspiration for Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop is this amazing photo: 

Nichole said:  "Look closely and there are so many directions to go in!  You can choose to focus on the colors, the motifs or the overall design!"

I think I focused on the colors and the design for my project.  I love Papertrey Ink's colors of Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist and Orange Zest.  So, I used those colors, along with a technique Nichole challenged us to use in the Stamp-a-faire Challenge #10.  It is to add a stamped focal point over a stamped background, all in the same layer!

Here's my card for the Blog Hop and the Stamp-a-faire challenge:


You can play along with both challenges by heading over to Nichole's blog here

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place today!

21 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love that picket fence paired with the anniversary set! What a beautiful card!

Marge said...

GORGEOUS card!!! Great interpretation!!!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty, I chose those colours too. I love the picket fence.
Hugs
Carol x

Kara said...

Really sweet!!

Mad for Paper said...

Love this. Your colors look great together.
TFS
Ang

The Paper Gardens said...

Ohhh! Flowers! I love the way you presented them behind the picket fence. Beautiful work.

Sara Mac said...

So cute Lee Anne! This is a great layout. I really like the fence stamped in white woodgrain. I still haven't used my die yet:(

Renee said...

Fantastic!!!
Love that little fence panel!
And you met both challenges perfectly...
LOVE it!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, this is so lovely! Those flowers are gorgeous and love that you put them behind the fence, very nice!
Hugs, Wendy

June K. said...

Very pretty card. I love what you did with the fence.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty! I see you have used the #10 challenge perfectly!

Laura Isham said...

Great card! Its makes me so glad I ordered that fence die!

Kristin said...

I'm just so in love with this card and your use of the picket fence die!! wow. so cute!

Terri said...

Nice job. Love you use of the picket fence die.

DF said...

So fun and pretty! Love the silhouettes in this colour scheme!

Teresa said...

Wonderful card. Love your scallops

Laurie HIMCR said...

This is just so adorable! I love your interpretation on the challenge! Great job!!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is soooo pretty! I love the scalloped edges and the cute picket fence, and that pretty little bow! Great job... Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card. I love all the colours, the stamping, the picket fence. Great job.

Amy Kolling said...

Eeek!!! I love your interpretation of this inspiration challenge. LOVE LOVE how you used the picket fence die! Can you believe that I haven't used mine yet?? Those scalloped edges are very eye catching!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous! WOW! I love that woodgrain fence! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...