Tuesday, March 19, 2013

thanks bunches

I have another Paper Smooches card for  you today. My first two sets from Paper Smooches were Giddy Bugs and Vegtastic.  One of my favorite techniques is paper-piecing and both of these sets are perfect for that!

While I was at work today, I would take a brain-break every now and then and look at a few blogs.  Some of my blog friends were updating and I was a little envious.  A new online class has started with the focus on using up some patterned paper, and several of the blogs I visited were showing off projects for the class. (ETA: Now, I've enrolled in the class and am very excited to participate!)

That got me thinking about what I could do when I got home, and this was it:


One thing I learned from making this card is that I really do not have that much purple in my patterned paper collection.  Must fix that!

After stamping, cutting and piecing all the veggies together, I had the problem of figuring out how to do the sentiment.  I remembered Cath, over at Moxie Fab World, is celebrating lots of trends this month with the release of Card Creations 11.  So, I used a die-cut speech bubble from My Favorite Things to house the sentiment from Vegtastic!   You can see all the details if you click here!


 Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!


3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so adorable paper pieced like this, Lee Anne! I'm a little sorry that I didn't sign up for that course, too...

Joyce said...

Wow--this is so cute. You are doing great without the class--good for you for saving money--you can now buy more patterned paper! Those veggies are just adorable paper pieced, and using the speech bubble is such a great idea.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lee Anne! Thanks for linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...