Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Meets Amber Ink

Today is my first official day as Torchbearer for Amber Ink - supplier of awesome digi-stamps, digi-papers and clear stamps (if you are patient for the mailman!)  Did you follow my advice yesterday and poke around their blog and store?  Totally cool, huh?  You buy, download and print.  How much easier could it be?

This week, Amber Ink  is sponsoring the sketch contest over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  You could win a  $15.00 gift certificate to Amber Ink!!  Here's the great sketch we have been given:


You know how much I love sketches.  They give me just the jump start I need, and I can make my project as simple or embellished as I want - depending on how much time I have, of course.  

So, here's my project for this week's sketch:


I used the sweet little super hero boy you can find in Amber Ink's store here,  along with the sentiment you can find here.  All I had to do after downloading the images, is open them in my photo-editing program, choose colors and print.  The little hero up there reminds me of another little boy I know. 

To add a little texture to the card, I embossed some star stamps on the red panel and applied a strip of blue felt stars to the white strip.  The sentiment was popped up for dimension.  

I hope you can join in on all the fun at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week, and why don't you go ahead and discover how easy digi-stamps can be. Amber Ink  has some great ones - and so affordable!

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

13 comments:

Amber Alvarez said...

Oh wow! This is FUN! <3 it.

Sara Mac said...

What an adorable card! Love the embossed stars.

Renee said...

Fabby!
You are off to such a great start...
AmberInk has no idea!
Love the colors...
the embossing...
the stars...
it's all adorable!!
LOVE it!

Arlana 11426 said...

How sweet. That must be a new image. I can see that for a little boys card. Love the red white and blue. Thanks for playing along with the team. Arlan@SSW!!!

Cheryl said...

Such a fun and sweet card! What a terrific way to kick of your time as a torch bearer!


--Cheryl--
Amber Ink - Orange team , February 2011

Kathie said...

Hi Lee Anne, what a little cutie. Great card and awesome colours such a perfect card for a little boy. Love your embossing I love texture on a card gives that extra dimensions and excellent for masculine cards. Great job and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday good luck and hope to see you again next week.
Kathie SSW-DT

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

What little boy wouldn't love to receive this card. It's adorable!

Jeannie said...

Such a perfect little guy card and I do love all of the stars! They fit so well with this image. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

What an adorable Hero card. I really like the red and blue color scheme you have used. Just perfect for your sweet card.Thanks for joining us and congrats on the new DT position.
Nancy

Linda Anderson said...

Ahhhhh, this could not be an cuter!!! Love this image and the colors you used on your card!! Fun, fun, fun!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Genevieve said...

Adorable Lee Ann! I love the colour combo & the fab embossing. Thanks so much for taking the time to join us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Sharon Basel said...

Adorable card! I like the textures you added here - it is such a great effect. And your image is too cute. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Hope you return again to our challenges.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Laurie said...

Awesome job here Lee Anne! I love the bright colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...