Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oceans of Joy

It's hard for me to resist buying any stamp set that has fish in it.  I turn away as quick as I can so as not to be tempted, but this Hero Arts set, Oceans of Joy, had me from "hello!"  I couldn't walk away.

I love that it can be used for several different occasions, paper-pieced, colored in, or blinged up! Here's a card I created for one of our teachers that retired.  He is an avid fisherman and intended on spending his retirement fishing as often as possible.  I thought the sentiment was perfect.

The paper was from my stash and I fussy cut the edges to highlight the waves.  I used some Stickles to make the top sparkle.  I colored in the fish with my Aquacolor pencils and blended with the Dove blender pen, then popped him up to give the card some dimension.

Thanks for dropping by today!  I'd love for you to leave me a link to any other "fishy" stamps you love!  Please enable me!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Oceans of Joy
Ink:  Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Spring Rain, Stampers Select (Papertrey Ink), patterned paper
Aquacolor Pencils, Dove Blender pen, Stickles

9 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Lee Anne, this is a very cute stamp set! You colored the fish perfectly and I love the glittery waves!

BethieJ said...

Lee Anne this is DARLING!!! Such a CUTE set. and WONDERFUL card!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Keva said...

Aww..what a sweet set! You did a great job with it..I love those waves!

Eva said...

That is a cute stamp set. I like the added touch of the glitter on the top of the waves.

Monica K. said...

Really cute card, Lee Anne! I love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great balance to this card Lee Anne, and it's so darned CUTE! I love how it looks like the fish is jumping out of the water :)

Sue Plote said...

What a cute card! Great use of color on this fun, fun card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This card is so cute! I love the set you bought and can see why. What an adorable looking whale too. Great card design.

Laurie said...

What a cute set! Your card is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...