Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bee Happy!

I love the new line of stamps from Paper Smooches!  I want them all, but since I have a child to clothe and feed, I have resisted the urge to order them!  Kim also provides her blog readers with some digital stamps too!  Love that!

I wanted to use the chubby little bee digi-stamp for a card, but I wasn't sure exactly how it was going come together.  So, last night, before I went to bed, I colored the bees with Aquacolor pencils, and then outlined the eyes and colored in the wings and stingers with my Sakura Stardust pen.  After adding some Glossy Accents to the eyes to help them stand out, I let them sit overnight.

This morning, I wasn't really sure where to go from there.  Then I saw a fabulous sketch at Unscripted Sketches, and everything seemed to fit together for me.


Here's my card using Kim's digi-stamps and the sketch:


Here's a close-up of one of the little cuties.  Hopefully, you can see the accents and sparkle on him:


This was a super-fun card to make! 

Thanks so much for visiting My Happy Place!

18 comments:

Denise said...

SO cute! I really want some Paper Smooches sets too.. the glossy accents are the perfect touch!

Renee said...

This is so incredibly adorable...
went right over and grabbed it too:)
Love all the colors you used...
so bright and FUN!
And I'm wanting some of these sets too...
but same problem.
I've tried to convince the kids they can survive off one meal a day so mommy can have more toys...
but they're not cooperating! :)

tfiskers said...

Oh wow!! Love the little bugs and your coloring is super fun!!! Great Spring card :))

Debbie Gaydos said...

Those little bees are toooooo cute! I love how colorful they are. Cute Cute card!!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh my goodness! You used those little bees so cute and love how you used the Unscripted sketch too.

dstandard said...

Oh I flipping love this! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches this week - hope you are putting this in for Smooches too!

Diane Jaquay said...

hee hee, this is cute as can "bee" :)

Rebecca said...

Oh My - that little bee is adorable! I love the eyes :)

Jen Carter said...

Oh my, this is way too cute!! LOVE your rainbow bees! Adorable!!

Jen Adcock said...

So dang cute! That buzzy bee...I mean really. Adorable. Happy Mothers Day! Hugs.

Regan said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I am so glad you could join us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

Becky Garrison said...

Okay, so that really IS the cutest thing! Great take on the sketch; thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches! Becky

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my stars this is utterly the cutest thing! Great use of that sketch and those digi images! Super super job LeeAnne! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

loes de groot said...

it's a cute one : ) thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

loes de groot said...

it's a cute one : ) thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

JRhoades said...

The bees are soo soo cute! Great card!

Judy Rozema said...

Just simply adorable~!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

These are the cutest bugs! LOVE THEM!!Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...