Sunday, May 8, 2011

Play Date Cafe #80

This week's challenge at the Play Date Cafe is beautiful!  Here's the link to play along, and here's the inspiration photo:


You don't see red paired with orange too often, so this was a bit of a challenge.  I've seen a lot of designers using white panels on white card bases lately, and haven't tried it yet.  I gave it a try with this challenge and here's how it ended up:

I used the Vineyard Impression plate from Papertrey Ink on the card base, and cut the panel for the flowers on a 4x4 square.  After I stamped the flowers, I added some holographic embossing powder to the images to give them a bit of shimmer.  The bow is made from Orange Zest satin ribbon and the little tag is from PTI's Tiny Tags set and die. 

I'm considering a couple of other cards with this color combo, but have to take a nap first before I attempt them! 

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

16 comments:

Renee said...

Brilliant minds...
I'm about to go take a nap :)
Gorgeous card!
Too scared to try red and orange together...
but so glad your brave enough :)
Love the flowers on the embossed background...
and the little tag just makes it perfect!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Gorgeous card. I just love the red/orange color combo.

Kristin said...

this is wonderful... loving the color inspiration... loving what you've done!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL ... I really like the red and orange combo!!
Happy Mothers Day!

Jen Carter said...

This is great! You did a terrific job on mixing the red & orange! And, I like the white on white too!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful, Lee Anne! Just like you!

I have been thinking about you today...I wanted to call this morning, but then I realized it was like 7am Texas time...and well, it just would have been wrong to do that to you. :)

So I will try to call you later in the week. I hope you and Rustin had a wonderful day together.

Happy Mother's Day, Sweet Friend!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful stamping, Lee Anne! The colors are arranged perfectly together and your card design is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you enjoyed your nap ;) Love those silhouettes - I bet they have gorgeous sparkle in person!!

tfiskers said...

Beautiful card. The life flowers are your dabs and they work so well with the white on white. Very pretty.

Camilla said...

Love the colors you used with the life set!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm a big fan of naps, Lee Anne! Glad someone else out there is doing it too. ;)

I like that you tried the white on white base...makes a card so crisp and clean. THanks for playing with us at The Play DAte CAfe!

Leigh Penner said...

This is such a lovely card! Love how you used the two PTI sets!

Amy Kolling said...

This is a great set for the Play Date Colors!!! Love your bow with the little tag!

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful simply Beautiful XOXO Zoe

Jaclyn Miller said...

Absolutely stunning - perfect use for that stamp. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

DF said...

Such a warm card - beautiful. Your experiment with the white on white is a hit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...