Monday, May 23, 2011

MIM-Sympathy

This week's Make It Monday challenge is brought to us by Dawn, who encourages us not to always use neutral colors when creating a sympathy card.  Beautiful colors can be healing and meaningful.  You can see Dawn's beautiful card, wonderful video and inspiring cards submitted already by clicking hereHaving been on the receiving end of many PTI forum member's beautiful sympathy cards, I know the submissions this week will be amazing. 

Here's mine:


I wanted to keep the background simple, so I stamped it several times with one of my favorite branches from Turning a New Leaf.  The quote is special to me as it is on my parents' headstone.  My mother was an artist and mostly painted flowers, birds and butterflies.  Her love of butterflies (and tulips!) was passed on to me.  When my father suggested this quote after my mother passed, my sisters and I thought it was perfect.  I think it goes along perfectly with PTI's Butterfly Dreams set.  I ran the butterfly through my Xyron and sprinkled some prisma glitter on it for sparkle.  The body was created using black rhinestones. 

Here's the inside:


Honestly, I hope I don't need this anytime soon.   We've had a rough year at my school with many of us losing fathers, sisters, mothers, and husbands.  We need a break.  So, I'll file this one away to use much, much later.

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Ok...
I came in...
read...
and had to leave because of tears.
Still have tears...
but better.
I love that quote...
LOVE.
Your card is gorgeous...
and the story with it and the quote...
tears.
A beautiful, beautiful card...
and I too hope it sits in your stash for so long you forget you even have it.

Katie said...

What a beautiful card....I think PTI needs to make that sentiment into a stamp...it is perfect. I'm with Renee...I hope it sits in your stash for a very long time.

Kristin said...

I'm with Katie and Renee... forgetting you have it and hope it collects dust!!

But, you made a wonderful card and I too love that card. In the memory book for my kids of my mom, I used the stamp that says... if nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies (bc my kids and mom used to always look for them in our yard).

Love it!

Amy Kolling said...

It's nice to have one of these in your stash so that in that time of need you dont' need to sit down and make one. This is just lovely and even more so after reading the story behind it!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sparkly butterfly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...