If I can make it through this post without crying, it'll be a minor miracle. So before we get to all of the mushy stuff, I'll let you know the challenges this card is for.
Jenny has a great challenge this week at wee Memories. She wants us to go and find some inspiration at Pinterest or Etsy and use it to create a card. The only challenge there is to pick only ONE thing that is inspiring. Beautiful photos are everywhere. Here's the photo I picked for inspiration:
You can check out Jenny's challenge if you click here
This is my second card for this week's challenge for Make It Monday. The focus is on sympathy cards with a bit of color to them. You can see the video, challenge and all the submissions for this week by clicking here.
As I was making this card, I was remembering all of the beautiful sympathy cards my PTI Forum friends sent me two months ago, when my husband suddenly died. The outpouring of prayers, care, and thoughtfulness from people who only know me as a blogging friend was quite amazing. Each day I would walk to our mailbox and there would be one, two, or more cards from my friends. The cards were beautiful, colorful, and I could tell that each person put so much love for me into their cards. It was quite amazing, and seeing the beautiful creations brightened my day for just a moment. Not only were cards sent to me, but several forum friends with kids of their own shared sympathy cards made for my 5-year old son by their children. Again, I want to thank my forum friends for their kindness and prayers. You may think that someone who is grieving may not need a bright, cheerful looking card, but please think again. It makes all the difference. Believe me; I know.
Here's a picture of their beautiful creations:
I still look at them from time to time and read what you all wrote. Thank you, thank you. From the bottom of my heart - thank you!
Here's my newest creation for these two challenges:
and the inside:
Die-cuts make life easier, don't you think? I loved the colors in the picture of the dress I found on Pinterest. Gray with orange and cream was a bit odd, but now that I've seen it together, I think it is a beautiful color combo.
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place and enduring a bit of mushiness!







8 comments:
Lee Anne...it's gorgeous!
I have to agree that dies make life so much easier...
and that orange and grey are a fabby color combo together!
A gorgeous card from a lovely photo...though I never wear orange I actually like the dress!
And we still think of you...
we hurt for you then...
and wished there was more we could do...
but you haven't left our thoughts.
Now you've made me cry again...
I'm no good with warnings!
Hugs!! :)
I was already emotional and should of heeded your warning but it was like a red flag to a bull. Reading this did my heart good.
I will agree that there are some pretty magnificent folks on The Forum of all Forums, but you beautiful one are absolutely included in that. Although I didn't send you a hug with a fold in the middle, I sent you lots of ones direct from my heart. You still remain in my thoughts and in my heart. Kind of hard to type when your tearing up isn't it? Okay...take two:
All in all I just wanted to say that not an ounce of love, thoughts and prayers sent your way wasn't deserved. I am sure that I am among many others that so wish we could do more.
SqUiShy Hugs Galore! x
PS. Beautiful card too btw. You're an inspiration!
I am always thinking f you and it's great to see your work and read your posts. Good job on the card... I love it!
im new to your blog and have found aplace i love to read over and over with such amazing inspiration!
I always find this community so supportive and inviting, all those cards are lovely and im sending you prayers, love and hugs xx
I am so loving dies lately.....I seriously don't know what I did before PTI sold them?! Yeah, I had a few Nesties but didn't really use them until PTI. Your card is gorgeous in this color pallete!
Giant hugs to you......I knew eventually you would make a post like this. So I was prepared but still I got tears.....You are such an inspiration! I hope someday that all of us Dolls can meet in person!
What a stunning card followed by a very moving post! Surrounding you and your family with prayers! And thank you so much for playing with us at Wee Memories.
Sending you BIG hugs! You are so strong and I am so glad to see you creating! It really is great therapy isn't it? Your card is gorgeous! I am LOVING those flowers!! Beautiful!
This is beautiful Lee Anne! Just gorgeous and I know it comes from a place deep within you. I'm saying a prayer for strength right now as I type this! May He hold you up each day!
Post a Comment