Friday, July 2, 2010

A Week with Wishing You - Day 1

Wishing You - the stamp set that started my crazy addiction/obsession/loyalty to Papertrey Ink.  Designed by Melissa Bickford, this set is full of beautiful images and sentiments for just about every occasion.  It was released in March of 2009, just after I first discovered PTI and I couldn't wait to get it!  It was the first set from PTI that I put in my cart, and I haven't looked back since!  I get very excited any time that I see Melissa has a new set coming out - it pretty much means that I'm a goner for the month.

Several different sizes of tulips are available in this set, along with 2 oval shaped images, stems with leaves, a dragonfly and  clusters of tulips.  You can see Melissa's highlights of this set when it was released if you click here and scroll down a bit.  And here you can see Nichole's countdown post when the set was highlighted on her blog.

On this first card of my Week with Wishing You I'm highlighting the cluster of tulips, along with two of the small "free" tulips.
As you can see, this set works well to build your own background if you want.  You can also use the images as a focal point, as I'll do tomorrow.  Come back then!

Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You
Paper:  Stampers Select, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Orange Zest
Ink: Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst
Tools:  Rick Rack Die
Other Supplies: Sakura Stardust Pen

15 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

What a great card! Can't wait to see what you come up with this week!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! I lov the background you made--I would have never thought to do it that way. I love the colors you chose, too. Very happy card.

Karen H. said...

Yeah, I'm glad you chose Wishing You! I love the colors on this card. What a cool background.

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun, pretty card! I love how you're reviewing these older PTI sets Lee Anne, especially since these came out before I discovered PTI so I'm not really familiar with them :)

Pat said...

What an awesome concept this is! Too often my new sets get all the love and my former favorites get shoved in the corner. Nice to see you focus on some oldies, but goodies. I'll be back to see the rest of the week.

Ted said...

Loving this card! You're making it hard for me to NOT put this stamp set on my ever-growing wish list! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and truly love this set, I wanted to get it but then changed my mind, love what you are doing!

Lisa Voerg said...

What a great way to use Wishing You. I just bought this set from the PTI forum and I love it. Your card for today is using the set in a way I know I never would have thought of. I love it! Can't wait to see what you have for the rest of the week.:)

Kara said...

Oh cool...a new featured set! This one is on my wish list!

Barbara said...

Oh, I LOVE this!! Great idea for the background!

Laurie said...

I don't have this set so I am so excited to see your cards! I love this one already! Great job!

Jen Carter said...

That does make great background paper!! Wow!! Great card!

Bonita Rose said...

wow gf... love this one!

tfiskers said...

Yes, I agree with the others.... Cute background!!!!

Katie said...

What a great background! I don't know if I'd have the patience to line them all up like you did, but perhaps I could manage to create a 'tilted' version with the tulips at different angles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...