Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Week with Wishing You - Day 2

I'm having so much fun working with one of my first and favorite stamps sets from Papertrey Ink!  Today I am focusing on the large tulip and stem images from Wishing You, designed by Melissa Bickford.

I did something a little different this time and designed a card that was 4"x8".  This is for the Paper Dolls challenge that Annika issued for us.  You can get all the details here

I inked the edges at the top with Hawaiian Shores and the bottoms with New Leaf  to resemble the sky and grass.  The tulips are super easy to cut out, and I gave them some dimension by securing them with pop dots!  Tomorrow is Day 3!  Come back and see me!


Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst
Ink: New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Orangerie
Tools:  Eyelet Lace Border Die
Other Supplies: Sakura Stardust Pen, Kaiser rhinestones

16 comments:

Anika said...

Love this Lee Anne!! The different colored tulips looks great together. Great take on the challenge!!

IamDerby said...

This is great Leeanne. Love the different colored tulips.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love all those pretty, colorful tulips on the panels, GREAT card again Lee Anne!

Amy Kolling said...

I LOVE all the color here! This is one of my neglected PTI sets.....so you are giving me some new ideas!!

Lisa Voerg said...

What a beautiful idea for the set. I love the rhinestones that you used in the die cut on the end. Happy 4th.

Barbara said...

I don't have this set but you're making me want it, LOL! Gorgeous!

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love those flowers! The eyelet die on the side and the bling is fantastic!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the size and the style of it. Your color combination is terrific!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for such fresh and bright ideas! I have aways loved this set, too. Your color choices are so refreshing! I plan to pull this up and put on my work table to explore new ideas.

Jen Carter said...

Love the colors you used on this one! Very pretty!

Jill said...

Lee Ann, I'm so glad you're highlighting this set because I have it, and I've (shh ...) never used it! I love what you've done here. This is a stamp set that lends itself well to a non-traditional sized card!

Kara said...

i love this one

Bonita Rose said...

wow so stunning!

Erica said...

I love this one! Great use of color!

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

This is so pretty! I've had Wishing You on my wish list for so long. I think it's time to move it into my cart!

Katie said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the bright, vivid colors...and that the blooms are popping off the card. Now to only have a die to make it a bit less 'painful' to cut them all out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...