Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Week with Wishing You - Day 7

Here it is!  My final day of celebrating Wishing You, one of my first and favorite stamp sets from Papertrey Ink designed by Melissa Bickford. If you haven't put this in your cart yet, then perhaps you should go on over to Melissa's blog here and scroll down a bit to see some projects she did when the set was released. Also, Nichole did a fabulous job introducing the set in her countdown post  here.  Both of those links are so inspiring.

My only wish for Wishing You is that Melissa comes out with an additions to it, perhaps with outlines of the tulips so that we can color them in or paper piece them.  That would add even more versatility to this set.  I would also love to see a few of the sentiments enlarged.  {sigh} Love them.

Here's my card I made for today.  Then I'll show you a few others I've made in the past.
I tried to go girly-vintage on this one, which is way out of my comfort zone!  It was fun, but it made me a little nervous.  Perhaps experimenting with this style would do me some good.

Papertrey Ink Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing You
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
Ink:Tea Dye Duo
Buttons:  Sweet Blush, White/Cream mix
Other Supplies: Hero Arts Soft Blossom Ink, random pink ribbon, pink thread

Here are the seven cards together!

My goal for this Week of Wishing You and the previous Week of Flower Garden was to use only that stamp set and not combine it with other sets.  I wanted to highlight how wonderful each set was on its own.  (With the exception of Day 3 of Wishing You, I managed to do this.)  This set, however, is so versatile it will play along with other sets as well.  Here are two cards that I have made recently combining a few PTI sets.

With Background Basics-Tin Type.  Details here.


With the sun from Scattered Showers Additions. Details here.
And here is the first card I ever made with this set.  In fact, I made a large set of these for a friend, and the design was CASEd from Lisa Johnson.  Details here


Thanks so much for sticking with me this week and leaving so many nice, positive comments!  I'm thinking about Scattered Showers or Every Day Button Bits next.  So maybe I'll get busy on that - AFTER I clean my poor, neglected house!

12 comments:

Lisa Voerg said...

Lee Anne, I love this vintage card. The oval tulip image looks like a cameo and that is what I love about this set. You did a great job with this week of Wishing You. Go clean so we can see some more. No pressure :)

Amy Kolling said...

Love the vintagy feel you created here and that row of buttons! Thanks for spotlighting this set the past week! I think it's a great idea!!

Anika said...

So pretty! Love the vintage touches and soft colors!

Rhonda said...

Lee Anne, Lots of inspiration this wk!

Bonita Rose said...

fab cards.. wow!

k said...

Thanks so much for doing this! Your cards are great inspiration!

Diane Jaquay said...

You did a great job with girlie/vintage Lee Anne! I love the row of buttons, just perfect! Thanks for sharing this set with us!

Barbara said...

They are ALL fabulous cards! Each one is so different--what a great way to show off this set!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I love the softness of it and that row of buttons!! So nice!

Jill said...

I love today's card, Lee Anne! That row of buttons is the best! Thanks for your inspiration--I *am* going to finally ink up this set! And I love the "all together" picture--you should feel proud of what you accomplished!

Katie said...

That row of buttons is delicious! I'm obviously working my way through my Reader and am doing your 'week' backwards...so I got the sneak peek at all of them at once in this post. Off to check the others out!

Laurie said...

All of your cards have been gorgeous! I really want this set now! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...