Monday, May 9, 2011

Casual Friday #1

There's a new challenge blog!  Did you hear?  I'm thrilled about the theme of the blog too - it's all about CAS (clean and simple) and it's called "CAS-ual Fridays!"  It doesn't hurt that two of my PTI forum friends are on the design team, either.  I've admired their work and styles for a long time!  (Waving at Laurie and Dana!!)

This week is the first challenge from the blog and it's all about adding text to your project:


GREAT challenge and a great way to kick off this blog.  You can see the details and all the entries for this week here.  I loved the typewriter in the image, and wanted to use my stamp from Hero Arts that I HAD to have back in December.  It does not get enough love, that is for sure.

Here's my card:


Is it still CAS if I cut out the image and put buttons on the typewriter?  I hope so.  I curled the paper coming out of the typewriter a little so it would pop off the base a little.  I love Kraft with red and black.  I don't use it enough either.

I'm excited about this new blog and can't wait for the next challenge!

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

22 comments:

Kryssi said...

very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at CAs-ual Fridays. :)

Elena said...

that's adorable! and perfect use of text style! also like your use of the circle die.

Karen B. said...

This is great! Love that red border and the special emphasis on the typewriter words. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays.

Virginia L. said...

SWEET! Love the bold color combo! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your fabulous work again!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This absolutely qualifies as a CAS design, and a really good one at that!! Love that sweet typewriter image and darling sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Hope you'll share more of your beautiful work with us again!!

Unknown said...

Yes, I think it counts ;) Cute card! Love that detail with the curled paper - so realistic!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute typewriter! Love the 'ribbon' on it using the black buttons. Great take on the challenge.

Debbie Gaydos said...

*squeal!* SO cute!! I am on the fence about that circle die, but I got the stamp set, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time... lol. Love how you used it here, and the text too. Great job!

Jenny said...

Great card...typewriters are the bees knees at the moment aren't they!
Jenny x

Sara Mac said...

Totally cute Lee Anne! I love that image. Great pop of color with the red circle border.

Suzanne said...

Perfection! I love the red circles layered over that text background! Cute typewriter, too!!

Janelle said...

Great job on the challenge! Love the colors and the text style background is just perfect with the typewriter. Love the red circle border, too. :)

tfiskers said...

whoo hoo! LOVE YOUR CARD!!!! Super adaptation of the original :)

Jen Adcock said...

OMGosh! This is too fab! Love the text type combined with the circle die. Golly does it ever work well, especially in that ravishing red. Great card!

Amy Kolling said...

This little typewriter has been calling my name! You've used it great! Don't you LOVE that border die? I wasn't going to order it but after some pursuading by Laurie and Jen, it went in my cart!

Sue Lelli said...

Okay 4 typewriters and counting (mine included)! LOVE your LOVE card and LOVE the red border!

Laura Davis said...

Awwwww this is adorable!
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Laurie said...

Lee Anne this is super cute! I love the circle die too in the background! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Waving right back Lee Anne! *grin* You rocked this challenge with your clever texty bottom and the adorable typewriter image. I love how truly CAS it is. SO glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays and hope you'll play again!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Isn't that typewriter fun? Love hwo you dressed it up. Thanks so much for playing along with the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

Jen Carter said...

Love the buttons on your typewriter and the circles border die that you used as an accent!! Very cute!

Katie said...

I *had* to have that set as well...but it still hasn't seen ink! Yikes! Cute, cute card...perfect for this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...