Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Paper Dolls #36
Jen Carter has recently brought us a wonderful challenge at the Paper Dolls Blog. It's really no surprise to me because I have always admired Jen's creative color combos that she comes up with for her projects. Here is the inspiration photo that she used for the challenge - and she also bought the fabulous quilt!
I love quilts. I sleep with an old, old handmade quilt every night, so I loved this photo and want to go and find this quilt for myself.
Here's what I came up with:
I used the stamp set Sending You from Papertrey Ink and stamped the flowers in Hawaiian Shores and Pure Poppy. The leaves were stamped in Simply Chartreuse. After stamping the sentiment and matting the panel on Hawaiin Shores, and then mounting it on Harvest Gold, I filled in the centers with some yellow stickles, which had to be left to dry for quite some time.
It looks a little "folksy" to me, which is something I haven't really ever tried.
You should come and play along with this challenge by clicking here. All of the Dolls' challenges are open for quite awhile and anyone can play along. We are just trying to have fun and enable each other! Join us! The more the merrier!
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Ooh..I love the color combo. This is such a pretty card. As much I loved Sending You when it was released, I have a hard time using it and i'm not sure why. You used it perfectly here, though.
This is beautiful, Lee Anne! The flower stamps and colors you chose harmonize perfectly with the inspiration quilt! In fact, this looks like a piece of art you could hang on the wall in a room with the quilt! Super job!
I love your take on the inspiration photo! Those colors are so pretty together! I have been debating on that Sending You set, and you're making me want to get it for sure!
Gorgeous!
I love your interpretation of the challenge...
this set is perfect for the "folksy" look :)
Perfect!
Beautiful! Love your take on this challenge. Nice vibrant colors and it does have a homespun feel it.
This a perfect take on the inspiration photo. The flowers in Sending You really work well with this quilt. Beautiful.
This looks great, Lee Anne! You did a wonderful job capturing the colors and style of the inspiration photo.
What a gorgeous card Lee Anne! I love how you used those wonderful flowers and the stickles. I totally forgot about this challenge (YIKES)! Thanks for the reminder.
This is terrific! I love how you used the inspiration photo! I really like those glittered centers too!! And, yes, this quilt is so fun to crawl under every night. The colors and design just make me happy! :)
This just makes me happy! I love Jen's inspiration photo and your flowers using the colors are beautiful!! I don't use my Stickles nearly enough....thanks for reminding me about them!
Post a Comment