This card is for two challenges - both of which are near and dear to my heart. I've loved Off the Wall Craftiness since I found it. Kim's color combos are amazing, and some put me out of my comfort zone. Love that. Here is her inspiration again for this week's challenge, in case you forgot it since yesterday:
By the way, as I was tucking in my son tonight, I realized why I like this combo so much. It's the one that he has on his bedspread. Funny!
The other challenge that I love is the new one, CAS-ual Friday. I love being able to be comfortable completing a CAS card. I usually only have about 20 minutes to work in the evening since I do so while my son is bathing. It's always a good thing when he wants to splash around a little bit longer. Here's this week's challenge at CAS-ual Friday:
Buttons and twine...I can get into that!
Here's my card:
I used some of my new stamps from Paper Smooches - Vegtastic - for this card. The peas and sentiment came from them. I paperpieced the peas from the Bitty Dot Basics in Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink) and then cut the peas out from a solid piece and popped them up to give them some dimension. The circle stamp is from Wilson Designs - Everything's Owlright - I heat embossed it to give it a little shine.
After securing down all of the paper, I threaded all the buttons with Rustic White twine.
By then, bath time was over, and I had to be done. So this is what I accomplished. I should rename my blog, "What I accomplish during bathtime!"
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!




19 comments:
Utterlyy SWEET! Love the color combo and button details!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!
This is just precious! I love the row of buttons and of course I love the background design!!!! Another fabulous entry for OTWC!
How cute!! I can't believe you finished a card in the span of a bath! It takes me that long just to get ready to think of an idea! ;D Its adorable! I'm so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Adoralbe! Love how you combined all the elements and popped up the peas!
This is so cute, love the color combinations and thosed threaded lines buttons.
Oh my gosh... so adorable!
Oh wow this is just too cute for words except........luuurve it :)
Jenny x
This is way too cute! Love the colors and the patterned mix! Thanks for choosing to play along with the Girl Fridays at CAS-ual Fridays!
Too stinkin' cute! I love the stamped background and those peas are super adorable! Lee Anne I love this card! Great job with the colors too! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!
Oh my! So cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!
Ca-YUTE!! Those peas are too cute for words, and I really love how you created the background with the circle image - very clever!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!
Super cute! I love the background! And those little peas are adorable!
This card is perfection, simply stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura
Cute, cute, cute - love the sentiment with the graphic and that row of alternating buttons. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays and OTWC this week.
This is SO cute! So many of the Paper Smooches stamp sets are calling my name, but I keep hesitating because I wonder if I can make them 'work.' You've given me one more reason to *need* these stamps. ;)
Oh I just love what you did with that PS stamp! This is my next PS purchase......this is one of my favorite sets so far! Great use of color for OTWC challenge too!
So so cute!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and thanks for using Wilson Designs Stamps!!!
Love love those peas! This is just adorable especially in those colors! :)
Love your card! It is so cute! And I love the color combo...nice job!
Post a Comment