Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates gray in an innovative way.
You can get all the information and see everyone's projects if you click here. It was easy to find my inspiration for the challenge. I just had to look out my window. It's been gray, cloudy, rainy, misty and cold here the last few days. Honestly, I love the rain. It could rain every day, and I'd be a happy girl.
Here's my card:
I die-cut the clouds with two different shades of gray. Then I inked the edges so that they would show up when placed against each other. After adding the grass, flowers and raindrops, I used a Copic to shade the bottom of the flowers and leaves to give it a shadow look. I decided to not color in the flowers because...
Here's the inside:
Here, everything is bright, colorful and fresh - exactly what the rain does for us. A chance of hope is peeking out from the cloud. I added some glitter to the cloud, the rainbow and a few rhinestones for the flower centers. I want the person who receives this card to be surprised and happy when she opens it. I already know to whom I am giving this. One of my friends is in desperate need of a pick-me-up!
Here's another look:
Thanks for visiting My Happy Place today!
Supplies:
Stamps: Stamp Garden (Hero Arts), Scattered Showers and Additions; Up, Up and Away (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: New Leaf, Smokey Shadow, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Stampers Select White (PTI)
Tools: Cloud Die (PTI)
Other: Rhinestones, Sakura Stardust pen, Bic Mark It Markers, Hero Arts Prisma Glitter, light gray cardstock



8 comments:
Hi Lee Anne! I think this will perk your friend up for sure! Such a neat idea and beautifully decorated. (I am also from Texas, Houston actually. Are you anywhere nearby? )
This is so, so creative! I love absolutely everything about it. I'm sure your friend will cherish it.
Wow Lee Anne!! This is super creative and a real burst of hope too :) Love your stormy sky and the clean and happy inside.
Great card! I'm sure your friend will love it.
So fun! This idea is just brilliant!
This is amazing!! I don't have this set and you have made me want it!! :)
Gray is the new black! Oooh you have it! Did you see all the gray sported on the golden globes tonight?
Hey Lee Anne! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Post a Comment