Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink's January Blog Hop!

Woo Hoo!  It's that time again - Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop!  This month Nichole challenged us with this:

This month's blog hop challenge involves you challenging yourself to use a Papertrey stamp set that has yet to see ink or even one that might be collecting a little dust!  Go through your stash and see what little used treasure it might hold.

I have not used the "Falling Leaves" stamp set nearly as much as I would like, so I picked it as my theme for the project. I wanted to make a cheerful card for a friend who has had a rough week. I thought of her as I was making it, and I hope I'm sending good vibes. It is already on its way to her. I hope it cheers her up a bit!


I combined some sets on the card.  The sun is from Scattered Showers Additions and the sentiment and grass are both from Hero Arts.  
Here's the inside:


You can see other participants in the blog hop by going to Nichole's blog here.  Enjoy!.  I'm sure there will be a lot of inspiration, and I will be digging out some neglected sets after I'm finished hopping.  

Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!







Supplies:
Stamps:  Falling Leaves, Scattered Showers Additions (PTI), Stamp Garden, Everyday Sayings (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Hibiscus Burst, Stampers Select (PTI), Summertime by Echo Park
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Other:  Hibiscus Buttons, Rustic White Twine (PTI), Sakura Stardust Pen

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet and springy! Love it!

Rhonda said...

Bright colors and wonderful sentiments! I'm sure your friend will love it.

Unknown said...

Nice job decorating the inside as well as the outside.

Mrs. Cunningham said...

=) what a happy card! Love it!

Kay D said...

I love the cheerful colors and the buttons on the tree!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is super cute and CHEERFUL, love it!

beckynoelle said...

such a pretty happy card :)

Unknown said...

This is so sweet!! Love that colorful paper, and cheerful design...thanks for making me smile :)

Jen Carter said...

This really makes me long for Spring!! Very cute!!

DF said...

Beautiful and so cheerful! Great card!!

Amy Kolling said...

What a great little spring scene you made! Love those buttons in the tree!

Kelly S. said...

What a happy little scene...you chose the perfect sentiment for the inside!

Laurie HIMCR said...

What a cheerful card! Certain to brighten anyone's day! TFS!

Nerina said...

What a gorgeous ray of sunshine this card is! I love the way you've kept your stamping and background paper so well co-ordinated - and the mixed sentiment flows beautifully!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is a very pretty card. I like the bright PP behind the white mat and the little tree on this. It's a happy card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Great pick-me-up card! I love the sentiments you chose, the buttons on the tree are perfect, and the patterned paper is so cheerful!

Chris L.

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card!

Christina said...

What a cute little scene you made! I love that you finished the inside, too. The buttons on the tree are darling!

Stephanie said...

Lee Anne..Love the combination of colors on this card. It's so bright and fun! It would definitely "pick me up".

Pat said...

The bright colors and cheerful sentiments will definitely make your friend feel better. I like how you decorated the card interior - such a nice touch.

Taheerah said...

Lovely cheerful card - definitely will bring sunshine and laughter to the recipient!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...