Saturday, January 22, 2011

GYSO #3

Seriously - I love this new scrapbook challenge site!  It has enabled me to get some pages done that have only been scrapped in my head. 

Here's this week's sketch at Get Your Sketch On:


I scrapbook a month at a time, so this is a layout from last March of my son and his soccer ambitions. 


A lot of different companies are represented here.  The patterned paper and letters are from a kit I purchased after Christmas from K & Company. The soccer balls are stamped from Papertrey Ink's "Have a Ball" set and punched out with a 1-inch circle.  The letters for "March" are from Practicing Creativity's newest set, "Carved Love."  I just received it in the mail! (Thanks, Courtney!)

Before securing the photos to the layout, I stitched around the edges of the photo mats to mimic the stitching in the patterned paper.

You can play along with this week's sketch and see all the other submissions by clicking here.  Keep 'em coming, Bree! 


Thanks for visiting My Happy Place!

3 comments:

Kerryn said...

Glad the sketches are inspiring you :). Love your take on this sketch!! Thanks for playing at GYSO :).

Rossella said...

Thanks for playing with us at GYSO! Your page is very nice!

Kristin said...

Thank you for another sketch site!! Always looking :-)... I'm such a scrapbooker who loves cardmaking! lol. Your layout is fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...