Saturday, January 29, 2011

GYSO #4

This week's sketch at Get Your Sketch On was great!  I'm so thankful for this new challenge site - it sure is inspiring me to get some layouts done.  I feel like I'm in a groove now and can hopefully finish my son's pre-K scrapbook soon!  I missed my self-imposed deadline.  

Here's the sketch Bree gave us:


If you remember, two of my goals for this  year were to use more patterned paper and to stamp more on my layouts.  I only achieved one of those on this layout, but don't worry, I have another idea I'm hoping to work on this weekend, and it involves stamps AND paper!

Here's my layout:

My son has a long-standing love affair with DINOSAURS, so you can imagine his excitement when his class went on a dinosaur field trip last March.  One of the other mothers that went on the field trip snapped this picture and emailed it to me.  His face is priceless.  (You can click on the picture for a larger view.)

You can play along with this week's challenge at Get Your Sketch On by clicking here!

Thanks for dropping by My Happy Place!  I hope I have more to post soon!


3 comments:

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

That photo is priceless and your layout is perfect! I need to do more scrapbooking, too. Thanks for the link.

Kerryn said...

What a fun layout! Love it :). Thanks for playing at GYSO!!

Valerie said...

I love your layout!! The dinos are super cute! Thanks for playing along at GYSO:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...